Myldsmail.net

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
markbrunstad-p40

Myldsmail.net

Post by markbrunstad-p40 »

I was just realeased from my mission this last week. I have tried everything to set up myldsmail.net (Gmail Version) in thunderbird but cannot get it to work..

How do you set up thunderbird, Imap or Pop3 to use thunderbird?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

markbrunstad wrote:I was just realeased from my mission this last week. I have tried everything to set up myldsmail.net (Gmail Version) in thunderbird but cannot get it to work..

How do you set up thunderbird, Imap or Pop3 to use thunderbird?

Thanks
There was an earlier thread on this topic: How to POP myldsmail missionary accounts using Postbox, GMail, AOL, etc.. Review that thread and then if it doesn't answer your questions, post a followup question.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
markbrunstad-p40

I tried all of those settings. I even called into the number.. The Pop and Imap address are gmail based so I am told.. Any I deas on how to get this figured out. You would think this would be a lot eaiser.. Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

markbrunstad wrote:I tried all of those settings. I even called into the number.. The Pop and Imap address are gmail based so I am told.. Any I deas on how to get this figured out. You would think this would be a lot eaiser.. Thanks
It's really difficult for us to provide any help unless you provide some details. What settings have you tried (both on Thunderbird and your myldsmail.net account)? What error messages do you see? Exactly what versions of which software are you using? Those are the kinds of details people will need in order to help you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
markbrunstad-p40

I have tried.. Mail.ldsmail.org, pop.ldsmail.org, imap.ldsmail.org, Mail.myldsmail.org, pop.myldsmail.org, imap.myldsmail.org, Mail.google.com, pop.gmail.com, imap.gmail.org, using ports 993 and 995 and default on all of them.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Have you asked the Global Service Desk to turn on the setting that allows you to do what you request? They have to change a setting when a missionary is released so that he or she can retrieve e-mails.
markbrunstad-p40

Yes, They did not know what I was talking about.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

markbrunstad wrote:I tried all of those settings. I even called into the number.. The Pop and Imap address are gmail based so I am told.. Any I deas on how to get this figured out. You would think this would be a lot eaiser.. Thanks
Did you read the entire thread I linked to? I wonder, because this post says that you need to wait 2-3 weeks for the Missionary Department to change a setting, and it doesn't sound like you've waited that long yet.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”