Attatched images as thumbnails??

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
Aczlan

Attatched images as thumbnails??

Post by Aczlan »

Is it possible to attach an image and have it show up as a clickable thumbnail? Some other boards that I frequent have it so that if I attach an image and then insert it (using the "Attachments" icon), it goes in as a thumbnail which you can click on to see the full picture. However, here the images show up as full size in the thread itself.

Aaron Z
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

aczlan wrote:Is it possible to attach an image and have it show up as a clickable thumbnail? Some other boards that I frequent have it so that if I attach an image and then insert it (using the "Attachments" icon), it goes in as a thumbnail which you can click on to see the full picture. However, here the images show up as full size in the thread itself.

Aaron Z
You should be able to attach images without having them referenced in the body of the post. They would just show up as a list of attachments at the bottom of the post.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:You should be able to attach images without having them referenced in the body of the post. They would just show up as a list of attachments at the bottom of the post.
Like this thread as an example: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6181
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

mkmurray wrote:You should be able to attach images without having them referenced in the body of the post. They would just show up as a list of attachments at the bottom of the post.
That is possible, but in some cases (like: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=52168 ) I like to comment on each picture. With inline thumbnails, I can do that and not make the page super wide for those reading on a low resolution device.

Aaron Z
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

aczlan wrote:That is possible, but in some cases (like: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=52168 ) I like to comment on each picture. With inline thumbnails, I can do that and not make the page super wide for those reading on a low resolution device.

Aaron Z
I think in that case, you'd just have to resize the image themselves. I don't think the software can help you out in this particular situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aczlan wrote:Is it possible to attach an image and have it show up as a clickable thumbnail?
It's a board setting, not something that the users can control.

I'll raise the issue to see if we want to do that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”