New statements are here (UFS and CFS)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
crislapi

New statements are here (UFS and CFS)

Post by crislapi »

The new Unit Financial Statement (UFS) and Consolidated Financial Statement (CFS - stakes only) are here! Both just downloaded on my computer and I've got to say I really like them! It didn't take too much getting used to, and I really like how quickly accessible the information is. I didn't think I would care for the trend plots, but actually I found that quite insightful as well.
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

I just got mine tonight. Fairly straight forward, but I don't care for the Action Items section. i.e.-the date of the UFS is 31Oct2010 and they have listed in the action items section for me to check on deposits that were made that day. Not a big deal though.

This did bring a question to mind:
Under the View / Update Expense or Donations, what is the "STATUS" column showing the status of? If a check shows a status of "Cleared" does that mean that the check has been depositted and cleared the bank? Or does it just mean it has cleared MLS?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

ralitaco wrote:Under the View / Update Expense or Donations, what is the "STATUS" column showing the status of?
See this thread.

I'm not sure if MLS 3.2.4 patched this. I did compare some of my outstanding expenses and the status did not match, so I'm guessing the discussion in the linked thread still holds.
stott-p40

Post by stott-p40 »

I recieved the above mentioned forms but I have not yet received the Stake Financial Summary for Oct 1-19. One mls message on Nov 7 said it would come by mail. We had a change in stake presidents in the middle of Oct so I suspect it may have been mixed up in the mail. But without that, I can't calculate what the stake owes the wards, right? My wards are upset that they do not have a budget to work with. I just tell them to use as a target what they were allotted before.

Has anyone else out their not received their Oct 1-19 Stake Financial Summary? It I don't get it soon, how do I get a new one? Does the stake president have to make the call?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stott wrote:Has anyone else out their not received their Oct 1-19 Stake Financial Summary? It I don't get it soon, how do I get a new one? Does the stake president have to make the call?
Many (I would guess nearly all) stakes have received their SFS. It came by mail.

But if you don't have yours, I do know that the SFS can be emailed to the stake president, and also to the stake clerk or stake financial clerk if their email address is in CDOL. You'd have to call Local Unit Support to request that. I know because I (as stake financial clerk) called and because they could verify who I was and my email address was in CDOL, they emailed it to me.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stott-p40

Post by stott-p40 »

Rats!! I should have asked my question earlier today or a couple of days ago. Then I would know that I could get the needed form by making the call to support. I will be gone next week up to Utah for Thanksgiving with family so I guess my wards will have to stay in the red a little longer.
Thanks for your answer.

I assume they are not open for Saturday calls.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I have still not received mine. However, the stake president has been gone on business the past 2 weeks. If I don't receive it Sunday, I will be making a phone call.
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

crislapi wrote:The new Unit Financial Statement (UFS) and Consolidated Financial Statement (CFS - stakes only) are here! Both just downloaded on my computer and I've got to say I really like them! It didn't take too much getting used to, and I really like how quickly accessible the information is. I didn't think I would care for the trend plots, but actually I found that quite insightful as well.
Same here. On the CFS, I was able to immediately identify a ward that has 3 missionaries out. They just went negative this month in their ward missionary fund, but the charts show a direct negative trend over the past few months that will be a major issue if not immediately addressed.

As a stake finance clerk, I do wish the ward pages in the CFS summarized what the outstanding financial transactions better. All I have is a number, and now I get to call several wards to basically tell them I have a warning buzzer going off, but I don't know why.
Bro. West
Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance (2 years)
Former Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance (3 years)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Bro_West wrote:As a stake finance clerk, I do wish the ward pages in the CFS summarized what the outstanding financial transactions better. All I have is a number, and now I get to call several wards to basically tell them I have a warning buzzer going off, but I don't know why.
I agree. Some of those are probably simply outstanding checks. That's perfectly normal, and not a concern until at least two months have passed. But if the issue is a deposit shortage or some problem with a returned check that was not handled automatically, I'd like to know sooner.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stott-p40

Post by stott-p40 »

OK just call me a whiner. After waiting over 3 weeks to get my Stake Financial Summary for Oct 1-19 it was suggested above by Alan to just call support. Today is Tues Nov 23 and I have been trying for 2 days to get in. I get the same message that the mailbox is full. Then it says if you want to speak to someone now, press 0. When I do, it justs starts the same recording again. I have a lot of ward clerks very upset with not having a budget. Oh well. I guess the wards will have to wait on figuring it out for another couple of weeks. They will either underspend for fear of going over their budget or they will overspend and the stake will have to bail them out.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”