application artwork

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
par00036

application artwork

Post by par00036 »

I'm interested in creating an application, not affiliated with the church, but has religious overtones. I'm interested in enhancing it with artwork that is popular in the church. I don't want to violate any copyright, but i don't know where to start to get permission to use the images.
Can anyone share with me how to obtain the correct permission? if it helps I'm interested in using pics like Jesus The Christ and other pics like Jesus feeding the lambs, etc. Maybe even other pics from the gospel art kit.

thanks,
Jon
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

par00036 wrote:I'm interested in creating an application, not affiliated with the church, but has religious overtones. I'm interested in enhancing it with artwork that is popular in the church. I don't want to violate any copyright, but i don't know where to start to get permission to use the images.
Can anyone share with me how to obtain the correct permission? if it helps I'm interested in using pics like Jesus The Christ and other pics like Jesus feeding the lambs, etc. Maybe even other pics from the gospel art kit.
For content that is owned by the Church, you would need to contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office. Contact information is in this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I guess we're going to get used to saying this as well: The answer is in the handbook. :D
par00036

thanks

Post by par00036 »

Thanks for your answers. I've emailed them.
any experiences with getting permission from 3rd party artists like del parson?

-Jon

Return to “General Discussions”