Church Handbooks 1 & 2

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
benjamincarleski

Church Handbooks 1 & 2

Post by benjamincarleski »

The new church handbooks are available on new.lds.org. They appear to have secured Book 1 now so that you can't just type in the name and get to it. It is now available to leaders by signing in, choosing Leader and Clerk Resources from the Tools menu, and then choosing Church Handbooks from the Resources dropdown.

One thing I found though is that Handbook 1 doesn't appear to be searchable yet. Does anyone know if that happens as part of an automated process which will occur sometime this week, if someone needs to index it manually for searching, or if it simply isn't currently searchable because it is a protected resource?
mndrix

Post by mndrix »

benjamincarleski wrote:The new church handbooks are available on new.lds.org. They appear to have secured Book 1 now so that you can't just type in the name and get to it. It is now available to leaders by signing in, choosing Leader and Clerk Resources from the Tools menu, and then choosing Church Handbooks from the Resources dropdown.
Excellent! I was just wondering about this last night as I traversed the paper indexes on a couple topics.
benjamincarleski wrote:One thing I found though is that Handbook 1 doesn't appear to be searchable yet. Does anyone know if that happens as part of an automated process which will occur sometime this week, if someone needs to index it manually for searching, or if it simply isn't currently searchable because it is a protected resource?
Searching Book 1 was working for me just now.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

mndrix wrote:Searching Book 1 was working for me just now.
Weird I just searched for "adoption" and for "secretary", both of which I know are in there and both return no results.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

benjamincarleski wrote:Weird I just searched for "adoption" and for "secretary", both of which I know are in there and both return no results.
I tried searching on "bishop" (which most definitely is in Handbook 1) and got no results either. It certainly looks like search is supposed to work so I'm guessing there is some (intermittent?) problem.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I've had a branch presidency member let me know that they aren't able to access book1 - i've validated that they are in MLS correctly. Anyone else have this same experience?
paulstreet

Post by paulstreet »

As 1st Counselor in a Branch Presidency I can't access Book 1 online either, but then it does say in the Physical Copy I've read that A Branch President Gets a copy and a file copy for the Clerk & Exec Sec but not the counselors...... painful but true
DaltonTM
Church Employee
Church Employee

handbook 1

Post by DaltonTM »

I believe search has been corrected for handbook 1 (if not, I know the problem was isolated, and being worked on)

As to the Branch presidency member, the last response on this thread is correct. The distribution of the book specifically states Branch President (1 copy). Sorry.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

eblood66 wrote:I tried searching on "bishop" (which most definitely is in Handbook 1) and got no results either. It certainly looks like search is supposed to work so I'm guessing there is some (intermittent?) problem.
Search is working fine for me, but when I click on any result (or simply try to go to a page) no text is displayed, only the menu bars, etc. It was working for me earlier today.
ekaszynski

Handbook 1

Post by ekaszynski »

Members of our Stake Presidency were able to view Handbook 1 yesterday. I just got a call from our Stake President saying that when he selects chapters from it this morning he just gets pages without content. Does anyone know if this is just a temporary problem or what?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:...when I click on any result (or simply try to go to a page) no text is displayed, only the menu bars, etc. It was working for me earlier today.
ekaszynski wrote:Members of our Stake Presidency were able to view Handbook 1 yesterday. I just got a call from our Stake President saying that when he selects chapters from it this morning he just gets pages without content. Does anyone know if this is just a temporary problem or what?
I've been seeing the same thing with Handbook 2 since yesterday afternoon. I'm sure it's just a temporary problem, but I have no idea when it will be fixed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”