LDSxml?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
goodevilgenius-p40

LDSxml?

Post by goodevilgenius-p40 »

I saw on the Wiki page for the Android Gospel Library app a reference to an official XML for the scriptures (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gos ... repository).

I'd like a copy of this official XML to try a few projects that I have in mind. (For example, I'd like to use it to create org-mode files of the scriptures which can be read from within Emacs.)

I can't seem to figure out if these xml files are publicly available. Can anyone give me any further information?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

There is an official XML version of the scriptures created by the Church development team. It is not open to public use. A volunteer, community developer can obtain access to it but only to utilize it as part of a Church-approved, Church-sponsored community development project, like those listed on the wiki. The XML source can not be used outside of that realm without permission (which probably won't happen unless your project ideas become officially approved and sponsored by the Church).

If you've got further questions or proposals, you can drop Tom Welch an email or PM.

Return to “Gospel Library”