New Broadcast Policy?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jsmack-p40

New Broadcast Policy?

Post by jsmack-p40 »

Having perused the handbook for to find the page where it mentions photography and recording in the chapel I discovered an addition to the short paragraph.

In section 21.2.10 it now adds "Meetings and other events that are held in the chapel may not be broadcast over the Internet or by any other means (see 18.3.1 for an exception)." 18.3.1 is stake conference.

This is a new one for us as we have been webcasting many more meetings from the chapel, including Stake Priesthood, Stake Fireseides, training etc. that according the the tech and clerk wiki sites has been appropriate in the past. Has anybody been able to find some clarificiation on this new addition to the policy? I know that there are stakes and wards that have been webcasting sacrament meeting and baptisms as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is news to me, but it seems self-explanatory. The policy has just come out and its authority exceeds that of this tech site. If this presents a problem for the stake, I'd suggest the Stake President discuss that with the area authorities.

As for what other stakes do, that argument never worked for me as a teenager with my parents. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

jsmack wrote:In section 21.2.1 it now ...
Correction: the quoted section is actually 21.2.10.
jsmack-p40

Post by jsmack-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:This is news to me, but it seems self-explanatory. The policy has just come out and its authority exceeds that of this tech site. If this presents a problem for the stake, I'd suggest the Stake President discuss that with the area authorities.

As for what other stakes do, that argument never worked for me as a teenager with my parents. ;)
I wasn't trying to make an argument for doing something when new instruction indicates otherwise, more so to emphasize a new policy to those that may not have been aware and have been webcasting fairly extensively. Trust me that the new direction gives back many many hours of my life that were previously spent in meetings.

In fact the reason I was looking the section up was to find what the new page number is for the policy on recording in the chapel. I am probably repeating this page number and it's policy between four and ten times a conference to those that request a copy of the conference. "No it was not recorded, as per page ## in the Church Handbook of Instrution".

Oh and thank you to the above for correcting the reference. I will correct it in the OP.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, about that, your original post came across as someone trying to find a way around it.

And thanks for pointing that out. Your post was the first I've been aware of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

jsmack wrote:Having perused the handbook for to find the page where it mentions photography and recording in the chapel I discovered an addition to the short paragraph.

In section 21.2.10 it now adds "Meetings and other events that are held in the chapel may not be broadcast over the Internet or by any other means (see 18.3.1 for an exception)." 18.3.1 is stake conference.

This is a new one for us as we have been webcasting many more meetings from the chapel, including Stake Priesthood, Stake Fireseides, training etc. that according the the tech and clerk wiki sites has been appropriate in the past. Has anybody been able to find some clarificiation on this new addition to the policy? I know that there are stakes and wards that have been webcasting sacrament meeting and baptisms as well.
I would then hold the fireside or training in a primary room or relief society room.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”