Testaments trailer not viewable

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Testaments trailer not viewable

Post by rmrichesjr »

Some time ago, in the 'work' section or in an announcements thread, I saw encouraging signs that multimedia content at lds.org would be moving to file formats that can be readily played on operating systems other than just the one most popular one. The general conference archives now have separate video files for WMP <= 8, WMP >= 9, and Quicktime. Much Church web content is available as Flash, which can be viewed across multiple platforms.

However, the trailer for "Testaments" won't play on my Linux system, apparently because it requires a specific new codec that is not readily available except for newer versions of one particular operating system.

A request for those in charge of such things: Please continue the spread of use of cross-platform file formats for multi-media content. Thanks.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

rmrichesjr wrote:Some time ago, in the 'work' section or in an announcements thread, I saw encouraging signs that multimedia content at lds.org would be moving to file formats that can be readily played on operating systems other than just the one most popular one. The general conference archives now have separate video files for WMP <= 8, WMP >= 9, and Quicktime. Much Church web content is available as Flash, which can be viewed across multiple platforms.

However, the trailer for "Testaments" won't play on my Linux system, apparently because it requires a specific new codec that is not readily available except for newer versions of one particular operating system.

A request for those in charge of such things: Please continue the spread of use of cross-platform file formats for multi-media content. Thanks.
The Church has a large library of media that we are working on. I'll let them know about your concern.

Thanks,

Tom
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

tomw wrote:The Church has a large library of media that we are working on. I'll let them know about your concern.

Thanks,

Tom
Thank you very much.

Return to “Main Church Website”