new.LDS.org

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
allenjblodgett

new.LDS.org

Post by allenjblodgett »

Here might be a reason why the Nov. 10th date was pushed back to Nov. 30...

They have just changed a few things with the menus, search, and the language selection.
allenjblodgett

Languages

Post by allenjblodgett »

As an update, new.LDS.org is now available in Dutch, & Spanish.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

It's actually German and Spanish.

<wild speculation>President Uchtdorf had something to do with German being close to first.</wild speculation> :D
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Haven't had a full look through to find all the changes but the tools menu looks cleaner, although there is less contrast so that makes it hard to be sure that you are going to click on the right one sometimes.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Under the "send a message" link, I can't see a way to send a broadcast email to the entire ward...did I miss something? BTW, the new look is great..
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

zaneclark wrote:Under the "send a message" link, I can't see a way to send a broadcast email to the entire ward...did I miss something? BTW, the new look is great..
Currently, the "send a message" button only allows you to e-mail ward leaders. It doesn't provide an option to e-mail membership. You'll need to use LUWS for that.
maybd

Post by maybd »

You said currently, have you heard plans that that feature will be available? It would be great if it was. We use it frequently in our stake to notify folks of important events and last minute changes that we would otherwise not be able to pass along. Of course hearing it in person is preferred, but that is not always possible.

At the very least, it would be great if a stake administrator could email to more groups at the ward level. I would miss the capabilities to send messages to the ward YM/YW, ward mission leader, primary, etc.

Return to “General Discussions”