October Donations missing in MLS?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
idjeeper2

October Donations missing in MLS?

Post by idjeeper2 »

We got our YTD donation summary from the home ward last Sunday. It does not include the October donations. My wife says they announced in Sacrament Meeting that the data either wasn't in MLS or the summaries weren't picking them up for some reason (she didn't really understand what they were trying to say).

I haven't had a chance to look at the branch finances yet, but wondered if anyone else had run into this. Curious if my ward got crossed up during the transition, or if they are printing things incorrectly.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I printed our ward's before the transition, but you may just want to take a look at the top of the printout. You should find there what dates the report covers. You may find that October was not included. Just a guess.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I know at the stake level at least, all my donor and payee records got unlinked from the membership record even though the record remained. See this post for more. If the donations aren't linked to your membership record, they won't show up on your statement. However, it appeared this error only affected the stake.

Most likely the reports were printed earlier. Check the date of your statement to see when the last possible donation date was.

Final thought: donations can only be linked to a single donor (same as before). Whose YTD statement did you receive? One for each of you or just one? If just one of yours, it is possible the donations were put on the other's donor record.

If your statement date should include those donations, I would first have your clerk verify that the donations were included in the appropriate donation batch(es). If they are there, see whose name they were put under. If that is the name that is on your donor statement, then have your clerk go to add/update donors and see if 2+ donor records exist for that name. If there are, have him merge them all down to a single donor record linked to the appropriate/desired membership record.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

The date printed is October 31, so it should have everything. Report is in my name as it should be.

The possibilities Crislapi suggested might be the problem. The home ward clerks are great men but not tech wizards. I think I might be the only one from my stake that looks at the forums and WIKI.

Thanks, I'll go talk with them. If they are getting recorded incorrectly, tithing settlement will be no fun for them.
tyinit-p40

Same issue - Missing Financial Oct 10th

Post by tyinit-p40 »

We have totals for the donation batch, but not individual names, therefore it is not registering on the donor statements. It is showing CFAR History by the total. Also when we click on review it doesn't show any names for this date Oct 10th. As mentioned above, good ward clerks, however not technical enough to figure out what to do next, and we have tried several times to get in touch with MLS Support, however have been unsuccessful, like many others. Trying to figure out what to do next, or look at to fix this issue. Thanks, a very frustrated clerk/STS.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

tyinit wrote:We have totals for the donation batch, but not individual names, therefore it is not registering on the donor statements. It is showing CFAR History by the total. Also when we click on review it doesn't show any names for this date Oct 10th. As mentioned above, good ward clerks, however not technical enough to figure out what to do next, and we have tried several times to get in touch with MLS Support, however have been unsuccessful.
No names at all? So there are no donors listed and the donation is just a line item of a single amount for each donation category or are there rows for each individual donation but no assigned name?
tyinit-p40

Post by tyinit-p40 »

crislapi wrote:No names at all? So there are no donors listed and the donation is just a line item of a single amount for each donation category or are there rows for each individual donation but no assigned name?
There are rows that show the donation amounts, but no names listed.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I would suggest trying the following:
1) go to View/update donations and open the 10/10/10 batch
2) It should by default open in the "Review" pane. Select "Donation" instead (circled in red in the image below)
select_donation.jpg
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
3) The screen for entering donations should appear. It should be blank, as shown below.
4) Navigate back through the donations that have already been entered by using the back/left arrow (circled in red)
donation_screen.jpg
(24.8 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
5) For each donation, re-associate it with the correct donor by re-entering the correct name in the Donor field

For those curious, this is test ward data, not my own.
Primetime5-p40

CFAR History

Post by Primetime5-p40 »

Hi I'm new here. We are seeing CFAR lump sums instead of individual donors for every week except the last 3. When I click on donation it actually lists CFAR as the donor with the lump sums totaled in each donation category accordingly. This is totally screwed up and nobody knows what is going on.

I tried calling Salt Lake tonight but they said they had high call volume. Anyway I could really use some help as we have tithing settlement beginning this Sunday and cannot get members accurate donation summaries. Thx.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Primetime5 wrote:Hi I'm new here. We are seeing CFAR lump sums instead of individual donors for every week except the last 3.
While the suggestion above might work, I highly doubt you have the time to go back through an entire year of donations and re-enter donor info. Sorry, but you are probably going to want to go through LUS to get this resolved. It won't happen tonight, but it'll spare you hours of work.

In the interim, the only other thing I can think of is to use the same technique given for recovering pre-CUBS financial information but this time to print individual statements instead of budget reports. This would only contain donations through the 17th of October, but that's more accurate than what you can currently get out of MLS it sounds like.

See this post for how to begin the process.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”