Mls 3.2.4

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pete_arnett-p40

Mls 3.2.4

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

The following message was received today, Fri p.m., 05Nov2010, on a unit's MLS desktop, after a Send/Rec had been done

"We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 3.2.4. This new version will be sent down to your computer within the next week or two. MLS 3.2.4 has been released to fix some minor bugs found in the financial area of MLS 3.2.2 and MLS 3.2.3. Please refer to the release notes for specific changes to the program.

We anticipate a 5-10 minute download time over a dial up connection. MLS 3.2.4 will be available at http://mls.lds.org as soon as it is released if you would like to download it.

Thank you for your assistance."

Note: as of 14:01 hours (2:01 p.m.) EDST, version 3.2.4 has NOT been posted at mls.lds.lorg
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I'm curious if this will fix the bug(s) for those machines running MLS 3.3.0
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

crislapi wrote:I'm curious if this will fix the bug(s) for those machines running MLS 3.3.0
I doubt that they would install 3.2.4 over 3.3. I'm sure that would break the Windows 7 changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to me the only way to do it is to have the code changes added to a later build of 3.3.0beta. Depending on how the source code is managed, that could be trivial or it could be a big headache.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

That's what I was afraid of. I did just look and noticed that MLS 3.3.0b3 has been released (10/28/2010) but I doubt that incorporates any of these fixes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:That's what I was afraid of. I did just look and noticed that MLS 3.3.0b3 has been released (10/28/2010) but I doubt that incorporates any of these fixes.
Well, 3.2.4 isn't released yet either. It's "coming real soon". ;)

I think this is an interesting software dilemma. Who gets to beta test 3.2.4 if all the beta units are on 3.3.0? Unless this is a change to some of the modules that pre-date 3.3.0 (meaning the 3.2.4 changes could be applied to 3.3.0), I wonder how they are going to test this before shipping? (And why would you create a 3.2.4 unless 3.3.0 is has even bigger issues?)

Or maybe this is just a left hand/right hand thing - someone didn't know that the version after 3.2.3 isn't 3.2.4.

Isn't speculation fun? :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

It would be nice if someone from the Church could shed even a little light on where things stand. When will 3.2.4 be available to download? Where are things on 3.3? I can speculate like anyone, but I prefer even hints and such from official sources when available.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

It looks like if everything goes well, MLS 3.2.4 will be released to everyone within the next week. With the exception of any units that currently are on MLS 3.3 or will be getting MLS 3.3 within the next week as a beta unit. Any units that have received a new computer with Windows 7 will want to download the beta version of MLS 3.3.

Any fixes that have been put into MLS 3.2.4 should also be in the next release of MLS 3.3. MLS 3.3 will be released as production sometime in the next month, but will not be forced down to units. MLS 3.3 is a big patch in size. The thinking is that it will be made available to download and install but will not be forced down until after the first of the year. This will help with units dealing with year end issues that don't want to be tied to downloading a big patch.

I hope this answers a couple of the questions posted here.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Yes. Thank you. I noticed the current download version of the beta is 3.3.0b3. Is that the updated version or will a b4 be released?

Do you happen to have the release notes for this version? It would be useful to see what issues have been addressed.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

crislapi wrote:Yes. Thank you. I noticed the current download version of the beta is 3.3.0b3. Is that the updated version or will a b4 be released?

Do you happen to have the release notes for this version? It would be useful to see what issues have been addressed.
There will be a b4 version should be released within the next week. The release notes should be the same as the b3 release.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”