Visiting Teaching

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kditty-p40

Visiting Teaching

Post by kditty-p40 »

Sorry, i have searched and i cant find an answer to this seemingly easy question.

RS President trying to input visiting teaching stats. It has some previous months greyed out for a sister so the visit can not be recorded.

My first thought was we didn't have the member's record yet, but i found this not to be the case. We had her record.

Can anyone tell me what other reason would cause this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When did you receive the record? IIRC, if you got it near the beginning of the month, then it wouldn't be available for that month. Also look for the possibility that the record was moved out and then back in.

Another thought is to look at the age of the sister, or perhaps more specifically when she was placed into the Relief Society. There might be similar rules at play for someone who graduates out of YW.

Other then that, I'm out of ideas.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

kditty wrote:It has some previous months greyed out for a sister so the visit can not be recorded.
Is this the case for every sister or just this one?
Just going off memory, but I thought the system didn't let you go back to update HT/VT statistics. You might be able to do the previous month, but no earlier.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:I thought the system didn't let you go back to update HT/VT statistics. You might be able to do the previous month, but no earlier.
IIRC, (and if it hasn't changed) it can be done, but the process of getting into that mode wasn't intuitive. I think it was something like clicking on the hyperlinked stats for that month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

RussellHltn wrote:IIRC, (and if it hasn't changed) it can be done, but the process of getting into that mode wasn't intuitive. I think it was something like clicking on the hyperlinked stats for that month.
I'll second that old HT visits can be entered. (... at least it could the last time I tried it.) Clicking on one of the pieces of text near the last three months' check-boxes will bring up pop-up with approx 13 check-boxes. Sorry, I don't remember exactly what piece it is. I think the text is blue in color. It isn't very difficult to find.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”