Expense Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
murraydavidgeorge2

Expense Report

Post by murraydavidgeorge2 »

After entering expenses, and printing checks, I print up an expense report (which now consists of several pages since we have switched over to CUBS). I now notice that after entering donations and working my way down the line of tasks involved before I can transmit the tithing info to Salt Lake there is a new "expense report" category. Do I need to fill this out from the expense report that I already have from writing checks earlier? I have ignored it the last two Sundays and it hasn't prevented my from completing the whole tithing process, at least as far as I can tell. I'm just wondering why this is now included in the tithing process? I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find any info earlier. Thanks...
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

My observation of this new screen when processing donations is that it just prints a blank expense report. No category information, the total is zero, and there is no information to link it to anything. As it stands, this screen and the report it generates is useless. Even if you signed it, there is nothing on the sheet that ties it to the donation batch and, even if it did, the report amounts do not match the donation amounts. After printing it the first time and noticing all that, I have chosen to ignore it, at least until something useful shows up on it.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

I have noticed and done the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe, sometime, somehow, we will be able to write checks before transmitting a batch, and that info will show up on that report. Just a thought.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

wcooke wrote:I have noticed and done the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe, sometime, somehow, we will be able to write checks before transmitting a batch, and that info will show up on that report. Just a thought.
You can right now. If you cut a bunch of checks, and then switch over to the donation screen, that screen allows you to print the expense report for those checks (assuming you didn't print it already) at the same time as everything else.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”