Broadcast using beta 3.0 software, audio mixer for computer?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
stephen500

Broadcast using beta 3.0 software, audio mixer for computer?

Post by stephen500 »

We currently use the meetinghouse communicator hardware.
However I have been trying out the meetinghouse comm software (beta 3.0). I am only using for test purposes a home panasonic digital video camera. But here is the question, at present with the hardware communicator we use a audio mixer "Behringer XENYX 1002 Mixing Desk Audio Mixer". 1st) I was wondering if I can plug the output into the computer microphone socket? (some sites suggest pluging into sound card, but I start to get lost with that info!) Is that possible to plug into mic socket? Would that require software? If not can anyone suggest a mixer that I can attach to the computer that would run with the beta 3.0 meetinghouse communicator software?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stephen500 wrote:I was wondering if I can plug the output into the computer microphone socket?
Not directly. The mixer is line out and would completely overpower the microphone input. You could use an attenuator to drop line level to mic level, but it would be better to find a line level input on the computer (the sound card) that would work with the communicator software.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”