CUBS Donor and Payee Types

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

CUBS Donor and Payee Types

Post by aebrown »

I was just reviewing the donors in our stake MLS and noticed that all the people who (pre-CUBS) used to be listed as members are now "Out-of-Unit". Indeed, when I edit such a donor, the "Member of another unit" radio button is selected (why the text for the same option in two places is not exactly the same is another question). And yet, for such donors, the record number column has their membership number.

I can change the donors to be of type Member, and then select the member. Such a change does stick.

Once I saw the issue with donors, I started to wonder about payees. I looked, and indeed the same issue has occurred there. Each payee who was of type Member pre-CUBS is now "Member of another unit" and does not seem to be linked to a member. I can fix them (one at a time, tediously) and then they will be linked again.

My guess is that this linkage between donors and payees has to be reestablished, or else any changes to member addresses will not be reflected in the donor and payee records. Or perhaps they won't be reflected anyway. I don't know, and it's not easy to test out at the stake level.

Is this only a stake issue, or is this happening at the ward level, too?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
86Bengal-p40

Post by 86Bengal-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:My guess is that this linkage between donors and payees has to be reestablished, or else any changes to member addresses will not be reflected in the donor and payee records. Or perhaps they won't be reflected anyway. I don't know, and it's not easy to test out at the stake level.

Is this only a stake issue, or is this happening at the ward level, too?
I had to print a few checks this evening and took a minute to look over the transmission report afterward. In addition to an showing an entry for each check, there was an entry for adding each payee. This happened even though all of the payees were existing - I selected them by typing the first few characters as is typical. I didn't do any re-linking updates like you mentioned. Does the fact that they were put on the report just indicate that it's the first time I've used them post-CUBS, or is there something more happening...?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:I was just reviewing the donors in our stake MLS and noticed that all the people who (pre-CUBS) used to be listed as members are now "Out-of-Unit".
Alan_Brown wrote: Is this only a stake issue, or is this happening at the ward level, too?
For my ward it looks right.

I'm wondering if they just compared the current unit for the member against the unit number of the unit, which at the stake level would never match, since current unit assignments for members are always at the ward/branch level.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Now that you mention it, I remember having to relink a couple payees at the stake level (the stake president, for example) but have been impressed with how the ward looks. I'll have to double check now, though.
drepouille

Re: CUBS Donor and Payee Types

Post by drepouille »

aebrown wrote:I was just reviewing the donors in our stake MLS and noticed that all the people who (pre-CUBS) used to be listed as members are now "Out-of-Unit". Indeed, when I edit such a donor, the "Member of another unit" radio button is selected (why the text for the same option in two places is not exactly the same is another question). And yet, for such donors, the record number column has their membership number.
Alan,
I just ran into this yesterday. All donors and payees were marked as Out-of-Unit, including church units. I found a large number of duplicates as well. I started going through the list, linking members to their records (if we still had their records in our stake), and entering church unit numbers for all donors that were church units. I also started to merge duplicate payees. What a mess!

My first impulse was to counsel my finance clerk on how he should enter donors and payees. However, your post makes me wonder if this is a systemic bug, and not a procedural error.

I have a clerk training session scheduled during stake conference in three weeks. So I may discuss this topic during the training.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In stake MLS, when we went to 3.6 all of our donors went away. As we have prepared checks, we have had to enter their addresses again. Then we noticed that once we enter a new donor again, the old one seems to reappear, and now we have two of each.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:Then we noticed that once we enter a new donor again, the old one seems to reappear, and now we have two of each.
I am sure you know this, but for those who are not and encounter this the duplicate donors can be merged. This is not the solution for the bug created by 3.6 but rather a work-around until the bug is fixed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Is there a list or description of know problems with MLS 3.6?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is no published list. As we discuss issues in the forum it has become apparent there are a number of them. We do not know what issues are known and are being worked by the MLS team.

When you come across a problem we recommend that it be discussed here in the forum. If you know for certain it is a bug then report it as soon as possible using the MLS messaging system. If you are not certain it is a bug then we can discuss it here to determine the nature of the problem. Then if during the course of the discussions the problem appears to be a bug and not operator error nor an intentional program change, it should be reported. Do not count on others reporting bugs even if the discussion in the forum indicates it is a bug and not something else.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”