CUBS: New subcategory became permanent

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jbh001

CUBS: New subcategory became permanent

Post by jbh001 »

While helping the ward clerk with the post-CUBS transistion, he had created a subcategory of Budget:Administration:Young Single Adults for a check that was cut. After discussing it, it was decided that the expense should be recategorized to Budget:Single Adults.

However, between the time that the expense was originally entered (Sunday) and the time it was recategorized (Tuesday), there was a CUBS update downloaded to our MLS (the one that renamed Other:Payable to Local Unit to Other:Authorized Member Financed Activities) which has made the Budget:Administration:Young Single Adults category permanent. Specifically, It now has a red X next to it and cannot be set to inactive status.

For simplicity's sake, I strongly request that MLS gain the ability to set Budget and Other subcategories to inactive, so that we can prevent them from being used accidentally.

Hopefully they will automatically hide themselves after a few months of inactivity. But that is only a hope at this point.
gpolson

Post by gpolson »

I agree. Our units similarly have several "twin" subcategories floating around from re-establishing them in the proper place. Its probably good not to be able to hide them right now because we keep looking at the all time Income and Expense Report to make sure everything is correct (some of the subcategories we would like to hide have some of the historical data in them).

But going forward after all the dust settles, we would like to hide them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think when people are talking about hiding them, it's about hiding them from new transactions, not necessarily from reports.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I've noticed as well that you can't inactivate any categories at this point. Hopefully we will be able to do so in the future. Even when this changes, the rule still sticks, though, that you can't inactivate a category unless it has a zero balance...
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

I've had the same thing happen and put in a couple of requests to LUS to allow us to modify/correct/hide these sub-subcategories but so far no action. Perhaps if enough units request an improvement it will eventually be programmed in.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”