New.lds.org sync issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kennova

New.lds.org sync issues

Post by kennova »

The new.lds.org is supposed to sync with MLS. In our Ward some new callings, are picked up and other aren't. For example the Bishopric counselors are out of date, but the new Clerks, and Exec Secretary are up to date. But the Clerks and Exec Secretary were changed AFTER the Bishopric was changed. Please remedy this.

I'm told that MLS 3.3 will help this, but I haven't seen a release date for this the new site is oing live on Nov 10th with this showstopper issue.
Kenn North
Texas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The first step is to insure they are recorded using standard positions. Follow the link for instructions on how to check this as well using the Custom Position Review tool to fix the problem (if that is the problem).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Also, if you have access to cdol.lds.org, you might check and see if they are recorded there. From what I understand, CDOL is the central point that everything else gets its information from. If the two new counselors are recorded in orange, then they are listed with custom positions in MLS.

If that's OK, then next step would probably be to delete their callings out of MLS and put them back in. Then do a Send/Receive. That should force a sync.

Failing that, it's time to call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennova

cdol

Post by kennova »

Thanks for the suggestions..

I logged into cdol.lds.org and I see nothing there... not sure what I'm looking for there, every twisty I click on reveals nothing so..

I'll look into the custom callings next time I'm at the building. I can't speak honestly about whether or not we are so I'll have to look. It could make sense given the intermittancy we are seeing. But then I'm not sure why someone would setup a custom calling for the 1st and 2nd counselor.. I guess I've seen stranger, but I wonder why that would be even allowed.
Kenn North
Texas
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kennova wrote:Thanks for the suggestions..

I logged into cdol.lds.org and I see nothing there... not sure what I'm looking for there, every twisty I click on reveals nothing so..
Search on your ward and then click on Show all Positions.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kennova wrote:The new.lds.org is supposed to sync with MLS. In our Ward some new callings, are picked up and other aren't. For example the Bishopric counselors are out of date, but the new Clerks, and Exec Secretary are up to date. But the Clerks and Exec Secretary were changed AFTER the Bishopric was changed. Please remedy this.

I'm told that MLS 3.3 will help this, but I haven't seen a release date for this the new site is oing live on Nov 10th with this showstopper issue.
It looks like the CDOL and MLS data are out of sync.
If you can edit the councilors in MLS (change the Date Sustained or Set Apart, save it and change it back). That will send them up to CDOL again. Once the correct ones are there send me a PM and I will delete the old ones.
kennova

the biggest issue

Post by kennova »

The counselors is the most glaring error, but there are others like the Finance Clerk... I'll validate the rest when I get to the building... Is there a way to force a full sync?
Kenn North
Texas
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kennova wrote:Is there a way to force a full sync?
Sort of. There are still some parts missing from a full sync making one system match the other completely. There are 2 ways to try this.

1. CDOL sends you all the callings it has.
    1. This won't delete any from MLS that aren't in CDOL yet.
    2. Some callings may be hard to see (I think MLS 'hides' some of the leadership ones where it knows there is only one allowed)
  2. MLS sends all of its data to CDOL.
    1. This won't delete old callings in CDOL that weren't in MLS (we'll have to clean them up after)
Before we do either you may want to have a list of the current callings with dates, so that you can restore any that need to be restored. Then let me know and I will initiate the sync request.
kennova

tried changing sustaining dates

Post by kennova »

Ok, So I updated the sustaining dates.. saved them.. and changed them back a quite a few callings..

I also notice that the Ward Mission (except for the Ward Mission Leader that's in Other Callings) has it's own section in MLS, but is part of the Sunday School in CDOL.. expected? I updated all those dates as well.

Performed a Send and Receive
Kenn North
Texas
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kennova wrote:I also notice that the Ward Mission (except for the Ward Mission Leader that's in Other Callings) has it's own section in MLS, but is part of the Sunday School in CDOL.. expected?
That would tell me that those are custom positions in a custom organization. There is an issue right now that between MLS and CDOL custom organizations come up as Sunday School positions.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”