Non traditional missionaries

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
djames57

Non traditional missionaries

Post by djames57 »

Our ward has one missionary serving a full time, two year mission at the Family History Center in SL and another leaving this week for the same mission. Both missionaries were listed in the old MLS system and both have been deleted from the new system. The CUBS notes indicate that I cannot add missionaries to our list. How can I resolve this situation?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

djames57 wrote:Our ward has one missionary serving a full time, two year mission at the Family History Center in SL and another leaving this week for the same mission. Both missionaries were listed in the old MLS system and both have been deleted from the new system. The CUBS notes indicate that I cannot add missionaries to our list. How can I resolve this situation?
How are these missionaries funded? I'm assuming they are not on the equalized payment plan. If they're not on the equalized payment plan, then they are responsible for their own expenses, although there is an exception if they cannot cover their own expenses completely. Is that why they were in MLS pre-CUBS?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
djames57

Post by djames57 »

They are a part of the equalized pay plan. I think the money was extracted in a different fashion-the amount was the same (generally on the first day of each month and the reference number was different format than the other missionary's reference number). The missionaries are covering all of their own expenses as far as I am aware.

The contact I was given was Elder Bertanga ( bertangar@familysearch.org ). He was setting up the auto withdrawal for the latest missionary.

What other information can I give you? I think this needs to be resolved immediately.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support. This forum is mostly user-to-user assistance. We don't have the power to actually change it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”