POST CUBS transition question 1 - Budget:Administration - Ward Level

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ralitaco

POST CUBS transition question 1 - Budget:Administration - Ward Level

Post by ralitaco »

I have a (-$65) balance in my "Budget:Administration" category after the transition. All of my other numbers are correct.

What could be the cause of this?

If there was a Distribution Center expense will it show on the next Financial Statement?

Thanks,
Jim
sghall

Post by sghall »

If there is a distribution center expense, it should already be listed in your expense detail report.
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

sghall wrote:If there is a distribution center expense, it should already be listed in your expense detail report.

What is this report of which you speak?

It is my understanding that any transactions that were directly withdrawn (Full Time Mission's, Dist Center) would need to be manually entered. These transactions were normally "discovered" and then entered into MLS when we received the Financial Statements.

I guess $65 is not much, but there is so much talk about all the categories being at zero.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

ralitaco wrote:I have a (-$65) balance in my "Budget:Administration" category after the transition. All of my other numbers are correct.

What could be the cause of this?

If there was a Distribution Center expense will it show on the next Financial Statement?
Yes, it will show on your next statement, but with CUBS it should already show in your MLS. However, if there were a DC charge, that shouldn't be making your Budget:Administration category negative. If you placed an order post-CUBS, it would automatically appear in Budget: Distribution Center Charges and not Budget:Administration.

I would be willing to bet it is instead related to a check that was cut in 2006 (or earlier) but voided in 2007 (or later). See this post for more info.

This is a bug. MLS is planning on releasing a fix sometime this week. For now, just know it will go away once the patch is downloaded.
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

Ok, I found the culprit, sort of.
On Jan 26, 2007 there was a transfer of -65 that had no destination.
I have a reference number and a comment that starts with ZB.

I found all the other transfers had a corresponding check written out.
It just occurred to me to look back at 2006 and see if there was a 65 check charged to budget:admin.

If not, I am certain this will be an action item.

Thanks all for you help

Return to “Local Unit Finance”