Young Single Adults Sub-category

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
LTORDUSA1-p40

Young Single Adults Sub-category

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

Why was the Young Single Adult category left out of the CUBS categories? I have been receiving Stake Budget Allocations for them.

Marvin
Layton, Utah
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:Why was the Young Single Adult category left out of the CUBS categories? I have been receiving Stake Budget Allocations for them.

If you're talking about budget allocations, then the YSA category is no different from any of the other sources of budget allocations; there is no category for budget allocations for sacrament meeting attendance, Young Men, Young Women, or Primary. All budget allocations come into the Budget:Budget Allocations category. If it's important to you to subdivide those, you can create subcategories of Budget:Budget Allocations for each of those, and then create transfers each quarter into those subcategories. But I don't see the point of that, since you'll then have to move that money to other subcategories of Budget.

If you're talking about expenses, there is a Single Adults category. You can use that category directly, or if you'd like more specificity, you can create a Young Single Adults category as a subcategory of Budget:Single Adults.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:If you're talking about expenses, there is a Single Adults category. You can use that category directly, or if you'd like more specificity, you can create a Young Single Adults category as a subcategory of Budget:Single Adults.
That seems like a good plan given the hand we've been dealt, but unless they've changed the terminology on me (again), it should have been called "Single Member". "Single Adults" is the 31+ age group.

There was a time when "Single Adults" was the overall group - back when the age groups were called "Young Adults", "Young Special Interests" and "Special Interests".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:That seems like a good plan given the hand we've been dealt, but unless they've changed the terminology on me (again), it should have been called "Single Member". "Single Adults" is the 31+ age group.

There was a time when "Single Adults" was the overall group - back when the age groups were called "Young Adults", "Young Special Interests" and "Special Interests".

I am kinda sorta waiting for two things.
(1) The dust to settle.
(2) The November 13th training.

After that, I think we will have a good handle on which way to go with names and terminology and subaccounts and a whole lot of other things.
LTORDUSA1-p40

Young Single Adults sub-category

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

One Question then:
1) Will the allocations received only be in one account? How will we know
what amount to add for Primary, Young Men, Young Women, and Young Single Adults?

Marvin
Layton, Utah
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:One Question then:
1) Will the allocations received only be in one account? How will we know
what amount to add for Primary, Young Men, Young Women, and Young Single Adults?
The allocation will go into Budget:Budget Allocations. The stake will still get a Budget Allocation report, explaining what the source of the allocations is.

But I don't see any reason why you would need to break down the sources. Once a ward or stake has its total allocation, the total is divided among all the organizations, not just those 4. In my experience with ward and stake budgets, the amounts allocated to all organizations depends on their relative needs and plans for the year. It is not directly related to the amount of those 4 sources of the activity portion of the budget allocation.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Alan_Brown wrote:But I don't see any reason why you would need to break down the sources.
I was hoping that they would be broken down. Since we are receiving extra amounts for Primary, YM, YW, and such, it would be nice to see exactly those extra amounts allocated to the intended categories instead of making us do the math.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

jbh001 wrote:I was hoping that they would be broken down. Since we are receiving extra amounts for Primary, YM, YW, and such, it would be nice to see exactly those extra amounts allocated to the intended categories instead of making us do the math.
How budget allocations are calculated has not changed post-CUBS. The way the funds get to you has. If you didn't worry about it before, I don't see why there is a need to worry about it now. There is no requirement that those funds be spent on those groups.

However, if you do want this resolution on your allocation, your stake clerk can provide you with it.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

RussellHltn wrote:That seems like a good plan given the hand we've been dealt, but unless they've changed the terminology on me (again), it should have been called "Single Member". "Single Adults" is the 31+ age group.

As far as I know there is no official term "single member" it is "young single adult" (18-30) & "single adult" (31+)

PS. There is also no term "mid-singles" some local leaders acknowledge it (or even have groups that go by that name) but SL does not.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:As far as I know there is no official term "single member" it is "young single adult" (18-30) & "single adult" (31+)
Reference

I belive if you read the CHI (at least the one current as of today's date) you'll find similar language. Who knows what we'll find on Nov 13th. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”