Budget Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jeromer7

Budget Report

Post by jeromer7 »

I understand the pre-CUBS expenses were rolled up to Budget:Administration. Is it expected that this category will have a negative balance?

I would have thought the balance for this category would be the same on the Current Year Budget Report as on a Current Year, Summary by Sub-Category, Income and Expense Report, but mine in the Stake MLS are way different.
JLR
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JLRose wrote:I understand the pre-CUBS expenses were rolled up to Budget:Administration. Is it expected that this category will have a negative balance?
Since the expenses were moved to Budget:Administration, but the allocations were moved to Budget:Budget Allocations, it will certainly be the case that the Budget:Administration category will have a negative balance.
JLRose wrote:I would have thought the balance for this category would be the same on the Current Year Budget Report as on a Current Year, Summary by Sub-Category, Income and Expense Report, but mine in the Stake MLS are way different.
Have you entered Budget amounts on View/Edit Budget? If so, that would account for differences between balances on a Budget Report and an Income and Expense Report.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Have you entered Budget amounts on View/Edit Budget?
No, the only changes I have made were to transfer the amounts in the Income column of pre-CUBS sub-categories to Budget:Allocations and processed 4 disbursements using the new fixed budget categories.
JLR
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

JLRose wrote:I understand the pre-CUBS expenses were rolled up to Budget:Administration. Is it expected that this category will have a negative balance?
I would actually think your Budge:Administration should have a balance of zero. Most of your old budget expenses have been moved here (the expenses column), along with the corresponding transfer that covered the expense (from CHQ - it shows if you look at the detail statement on your CUFS) (the transfers column), resulting in a 0 balance.

How much are you off? What report are you looking at? I'd suggest using the Income & Expense report, summary by subcategory. If you have sub-subcategories under Budget:Administration, include them as well (i.e. sum Budget:Administration and any additional sub-categories under Budget:Administration).

Was there income in Budget:Administration that you transferred to Budget:Budget Allocations? If so, are you off that amount now in Budget:Administration?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”