CUBS Payee Names

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cferguso55

CUBS Payee Names

Post by cferguso55 »

Among the other problems already posted here. After the conversion, I noticed that when creating checks the existing Payee names were reversed showing Last Name then First Name.

However, when I added new payees it showed the First Name and then the Last Name.

Question: Which way does CHQ want the payee names to print?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cferguso wrote:Question: Which way does CHQ want the payee names to print?

Interesting question. Personally, I would want my first name and then last name. Some folks do write checks differently, though.

Even better, just transfer the money directly to my checking account.
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

Even better, just transfer the money directly to my checking account.
Maybe that is why they were going to have two people make checks. If later they enable direct deposit then two people will need to log on to do that. Just thinking.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

ecotim wrote:Even better, just transfer the money directly to my checking account.

Maybe that is why they were going to have two people make checks. If later they enable direct deposit then two people will need to log on to do that. Just thinking.
I hope not. Don't get me wrong, direct deposit would be great, except that it puts sensitive financial information (bank account numbers, names on the account, routing numbers) at risk. Unless they somehow automate the system to remove the human element, and I seriously doubt they ever would because it seems like such a low return on investment, I just don't see many people willing to do it.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Ooh, now that is cool. I'm digging into my payee information and am noticing that addresses and names have been updated of those who have even left the ward! It's most obvious to tell with sisters who have gotten married, but it has gone through and updated all the ones that were linked to member records!

This also has potential to greatly simplify tracking down those who have outstanding checks (we have a lot of turnover in our wards). In the past, the address we had was what it was when the payee record was created. It never updated. Now it updates even if they are out of the ward! I like this!!
ralitaco

Post by ralitaco »

I noticed that when doing the donations every name that was ever used showed up in the list.
There are peoples names showing up that have been gone for years.

Is there a way to wipe out the list and start clean?
I realize that would be an issue at first, having to "Add" each donor, but it seems that would ensure the names are listed the way CHQ wants them.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

ralitaco wrote:I noticed that when doing the donations every name that was ever used showed up in the list.
There are peoples names showing up that have been gone for years.

Is there a way to wipe out the list and start clean?
I realize that would be an issue at first, having to "Add" each donor, but it seems that would ensure the names are listed the way CHQ wants them.
Wipe out, no. The records are kept until the record has been inactive for 4 years. However, you can hide those you know are gone so they don't appear on the lists. Under Finance>Add/Update Donors and Finance>Add/Update Payees you will see a list of all "active" donors and payees. Change the status to "Hidden" for those you don't want to see.

With tithing settlement upon us, becareful which ones you hide. If you hide someone who donated this year, you won't be able to find them to print a donor statement.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

crislapi wrote:Ooh, now that is cool. I'm digging into my payee information and am noticing that addresses and names have been updated of those who have even left the ward! It's most obvious to tell with sisters who have gotten married, but it has gone through and updated all the ones that were linked to member records!

This also has potential to greatly simplify tracking down those who have outstanding checks (we have a lot of turnover in our wards). In the past, the address we had was what it was when the payee record was created. It never updated. Now it updates even if they are out of the ward! I like this!!
I'm not sure I expect that to last, as it represents a potential security flaw / privacy breach.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”