Missionary Funds Contribution

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bwc333-p40

Missionary Funds Contribution

Post by bwc333-p40 »

I have a family member who is living in a foreign country. She received her mission call and is excited to go. She does not have the finances to go, so I will be paying for her mission costs. I understand that normally, mission funds would be donated directly to the missionaries local ward/branch. The Stake would then withdrawal that money from the ward and it would be transferred to Church headquarters.

My question is this: Is it possible to pay for her monthly missionary costs directly to Church headquarters? This would save me the hassle of having to wire her monthly missionary funds to her local ward.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bwc333 wrote:Is it possible to pay for her monthly missionary costs directly to Church headquarters? This would save me the hassle of having to wire her monthly missionary funds to her local ward.
You'll find some options in the wiki under Donations to Church Headquarters. I'd recommend that you use the contact numbers in that article to communicate with the Donations Department to make sure you have everything set up correctly, before you send any donations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Are you paying the full costs or is the family contributing some? It sounds like the full cost. If that's the case, why not transfer the payment responsibility to your unit? That way, your unit is charged automatically each month, it saves you having to wire money, and allows you to receive a donor statement for you contributions.
bwc333-p40

Post by bwc333-p40 »

I will be paying the full costs. Is it possible to transfer payment responsibility to my ward here in the US? How would I proceed.
bwc333-p40

Post by bwc333-p40 »

OK-Just called the Donations department and they said it is possible to pay directly to church headquarters. They are sending me an email with directions. In summary, wards outside the US do not have local ward missionary funds. All missionary funds get transferred to the General Missionary Fund in SLC. So I can just pay directly to the donations department and they will contact the General Missionary Funds department and let them know she is all paid up. And I save the costs of wiring the money and get a donation slip for tax purposes.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “General Discussions”