Android Market UK

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
BDelve-p40

Android Market UK

Post by BDelve-p40 »

I have tried to download Gospel Library app from the Android Market directly, and via this, and the lds.org, website without any success. Is there a reason that this is the case.

I am running Android v.2.0 on a HTC Wildfire.

Cheers

Ben
Maldergho-p40

Post by Maldergho-p40 »

I am also using the HTC Wildfire, and am also having trouble finding the Gospel Library app. I have tried searching Market several times, searching using bar codes and so on, but nothing works. It seems that Market automatically filters Gospel Library out for this particular model, but I can see no reason for that. I would love having the scriptures available at all times, and so would love to see a solution for this problem. If anyone has information to share, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
Jonathan
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

You had mentioned the barcodes, did you scan the right one? Just in case here is a page on cyrket.com that has the QR code for the Gospel Library, scan it with your phone's barcode scanner, most will scan QR codes, and you should go right to it.

If you don't get it, or get an error message, it could be something related to Android Market.

http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/org.lds.ldssa/

If anyone's having issues with getting Mormon Channel this site has a page for that for Android too.
Maldergho-p40

Post by Maldergho-p40 »

I scanned the QR code you linked, and it gave me the same result as every other time I've tried: directs me to Market, but Market itself then gave me an error about "there are no matches for the search: pname:org.lds.ldssa". All QR codes I've scanned gives me the same results.

Interestingly enough, though, finding Mormon Channel was no problem at all.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Now that I see you're in Sweden, I'm wondering if something got messed up in the process of placing the app on the country part of the market for Sweden. I've heard on this forum of issues occasionally with the UK, but those appear to be for the most part resolved.

It may be that when the app was submitted, not all of the things may have been checked when telling the Market where the app was to be able to be accessed from. Especially if there is no 'all' or 'worldwide' release that you can check and have it on all localities the Market is available in.

It may be an unrelated snarl with the Market as well, may also be worth it for whoever manages the actual release of the apps to check with Google and see if it is something on their end that got screwed up as well.
ivanobom

Hardware restriction

Post by ivanobom »

I have the same issue here from Brazil. Gospel Library just is not found from my device. I have searched about it and I found that it's happening because when this app was published on Market, the person that did it has restricted it to certain hardware running Android. Usually, the most common restriction is the screen size. If the device running Android Market doesn't meets the minimum hardware requirements, the application simply is not available for it.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500), which have a pretty small screen resolution (320x240). Thus, a lot of apps are not available for my device.

The solution would be a simple re-publish of the app lowering the minimum hardware requirements. Does anybody knows who is the responsible for doing that?

Regards,
Ivan Apolonio

Return to “Android Gospel Library”