meetinghouse comunicator software download

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
stephen500

meetinghouse comunicator software download

Post by stephen500 »

In preparation for a stake conference broadcast this weekend I attempted to download the software edition. However despite the sotware saying it worked on windows 7 the windows encoder addon would not work on my 64 bit. Niether would the add on hortfix work for vista. I am hoping it will work on the church's xp computers. It's a good job we have the blackbox hardware to use!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I had the 1st software version working fine on Windows 7 64 bit with the install doing everything automatically. I'm not sure what's changed if anything, but I'm no longer running 64 bit Windows 7 so can't give you my experience with this current version.
stanstrad

Post by stanstrad »

stephen500 wrote:In preparation for a stake conference broadcast this weekend I attempted to download the software edition. However despite the sotware saying it worked on windows 7 the windows encoder addon would not work on my 64 bit. Niether would the add on hortfix work for vista. I am hoping it will work on the church's xp computers. It's a good job we have the blackbox hardware to use!
WebCast Software is working fine on our windows 7 64bit. but only with 64bit media encoder 9. Tried first with 32 bit Encoder because it is more stable, but webcast software does not recognize 32bit encoder on 64bit machine, although 32 bit media encoder runs fine on its own on the 64 bit machine. Problem seems to be Media Encoder 9 seems to have been removed for download (glad I still have a copy in case I have to reinstall).
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Once I installed the Windows Media Encoder software, the meetinghouse webcast software worked great for me on Windows 7 64 bit (installed on a Dell Studio laptop).

Aaron Z
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

sls wrote: Problem seems to be Media Encoder 9 seems to have been removed for download (glad I still have a copy in case I have to reinstall).
You are correct, Microsoft has decided that it will no longer support Windows Media Encoder 9. Hence the new Meetinghouse Webcast software runs on Microsoft Expression Encoder 4.
Steve Poulsen - Meetinghouse Facilities Technology Engineer

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”