Confidentiality with Send/Receive Changes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
klkamper

Confidentiality with Send/Receive Changes

Post by klkamper »

In a recent Stake Leadership Training our Stake Clerk instructed us on confidentiality. Several of the clerks mentioned that when an organization secretary (who has Organization access in MLS) hits Send/Recieve Changes, they get all pending printouts, including membership records that contain confidential information, such as disciplinary action. I was assigned to see if this is true.

I set up myself as a user with only Organization access in the MLS, and then logged in under that account. When I clicked Send/Recieve Changes, I got all the membership records, regular messages for the clerk and Bishop, and also the update of a recent disciplinary action performed by our stake.

Is MLS supposed to be that way, or should only those with Membership or Financial access be able to Send/Recieve. I want to know if we missed something in setting up our users.

Or... Do we need to further instruct those with MLS access about confidentiality of those reports?

Thanks.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Supposed to be that way? Hmmm. Is that the way it is? Yes.

I would suggest you instruct all users on the confidentiality of the printouts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:I would suggest you instruct all users on the confidentiality of the printouts.
Personally, I'd suggest that you instruct them not to do a send/receive. They may be confronted with a question or situation that they don't want to be in. Such as being hung up for a half-hour or more waiting for a upgrade to MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”