Meetinghouse webcast doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
aclawson

Meetinghouse webcast doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit?

Post by aclawson »

Even though I have installed the Windows Media Encoder and verified that it works every time I try to start the Meetinghouse Webcast software I get an error message saying that Windows Media Encoder needs to be installed.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

I would try uninstalling Windows Media Encoder and the software and then reinstalling to see if that fixes it. Many users are using Win 7 without issue, but I'm not sure about the 64 bit part...
aclawson

Problem verified (sort of) with SLC

Post by aclawson »

On a laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

The Media Encoder would install and run without difficulty and the Meetinghouse Webcast software would install without error but would not run citing a need to install Media Encoder (which actually was installed). Uninstalling, reinstalling, running as administrator, running in compatibility mode, trying with the Media Encoder replacement, nothing would work.

Installing the software on an XP machine went without a hitch.

Firing up a virtual PC running XP in a shell on the Windows 7 machine also worked without a problem (I forgot to check to see if the Virtual PC was running 32 or 64 but I'm pretty sure it runs in an emulated 32 bit sandbox).

Therefore, I conclude that in my instance the currently released software does not work on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I speculate that it will have similar difficulties on a 64 bit Vista machine. And I've never met anybody who ran 64 bit XP so I doubt that would ever come up.

Solution: SLC is aware of the issue and I am told they are working on Webcast 3.0 - it is likely that the solution will not be fixed once and for all until that is completed.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

The software is now available. Learn more by visiting the Meetinghouse Webcast Software Beta page on the Wiki.

Cheers,
Jacob
aclawson

3b crashes

Post by aclawson »

The beta (which requires Expressions 4 on Windows 7) crashes every time I click the start webcast button.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Business.Webcasting.GetPublishingPoint(WebcastServerInformation serverInfo)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Business.Webcasting.StartWebcast()
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.ViewModels.Shell.WebcastViewModel.StartStopWebcast(Object obj)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost.ActivateWindowListener.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
stanstrad

Need 64bit Media Encoder

Post by stanstrad »

You need to use Windows Media Encoder 64 bit version, Then Web Cast should work fine. Or at least it worked for me. I know 32 bit Encoder works better for most things but Webcast seems to be looking for version to match OS. I have both 32 and 64 bit Encoder installed, but Webcast will only use 64bit on 64 bit machine.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

No longer available. Only Expression 4 is available, in a free version that allows for only 10 minute clips at a time or Pro for $149.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

I tried with the meda encoder 9 and it does not work, I will try the beta version out of interest!
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

The beta version worked a treat.
Need to work out how to cut out the in built microphone on the jvc video camera and use a seperate microphone. But the streaming quality was good.
It also worked for well over 10 minutes.
Paulbb1

Post by Paulbb1 »

Can we get a yes or no on will MH webcast v3.0 work with XP and Windows Media Encoder 9?

Will the free version of Expression run longer than 10 minutes every time?

Does MH Webcast v3.0 REQUIRE Expression 4 Pro ($200) to run?
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”