Beta sites

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
allenjblodgett

Beta sites

Post by allenjblodgett »

There are new.lds.org, beta.familysearch.org, & beta-newsroom.lds.org.

I'm wondering when we will see other church sites getting a makeover, like josephsmith.net, publicaffairs.lds.org, jesuschrist.lds.org, ldsphilanthropies.org, providentliving.org. They are nice, but it would be nice to see them get redone in a more user friendly format that we are seeing on other church websites.

Any thoughts?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

allen.blodgett wrote:There are new.lds.org, beta.familysearch.org, & beta-newsroom.lds.org.

I'm wondering when we will see other church sites . . .

I fully expect that they all will be updated, one at a time, starting with the three you mentioned first.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

beta.familysearch.org is anticipated to be rolled over into familysearch.org either late this year or early next year, they have made substantial progress recently, a lot has changed just in the last month particularly, so that will come close to that projected time.

The only thing that won't be included there for some time into next year will be what we call now nFS (new FamilySearch), but eventually it will be there with a new name, the 'Family Tree feature'.

Return to “General Discussions”