Nov 13 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast schedule

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Nov 13 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast schedule

Post by aebrown »

FYI, the schedule for the upcoming Worldwide Leadership Training broadcast is now available on the wiki at Satellite program schedule. As previously announced, the topic is the new Church handbooks (see the calendar item for topic and list of those to attend).

The program length is two hours, and the broadcast start times are every three hours starting at noon MST (1900 UTC) on Friday, November 12, and continuing through 9:00pm MST on Saturday, November 13 (0400 UTC on Sunday, November 14).

The program can be recorded and viewed at a later time. All the details are on the wiki page linked above in the STS How to View instructions.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Thanks Alan. This is really helpful to have this information in advance.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
alan.richardson

Program length

Post by alan.richardson »

The "current" posting on the link refers to a TWO hour broadcast. Also interesting to note is that recording is prohibited.

The link to the broadcast instructions refers to a newer file version, so maybe this is a/the change. I didn't see the original version.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/1/1e/W ... or_STS.pdf
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RichardsonAG wrote:The "current" posting on the link refers to a TWO hour broadcast. Also interesting to note is that recording is prohibited.

The link to the broadcast instructions refers to "rev_1", so maybe this is a/the change. I didn't see the original version.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/9/93/W ... _rev_1.pdf
This was a change (probably more accurate to say a correction -- I doubt it was ever really planned for just one hour). If you follow the STS How to View link I gave in my original post, you'll see the first version is the source I used. Also, the first version said recording was allowed for Church purposes, so the recording prohibition is another change, which is definitely worthy of note.

Thanks for pointing this out. I edited my original post to avoid confusion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Should I conclude that the "no recording" policy also means there will be no posting of the audio or video on the church web site? The previous Worldwide training has been available to watch online and download for personal use. So I was convinced that this newest broadcast would be the same. In fact, I was counting on it since my inconsistent work schedule will most likely compel me to miss whatever broadcast time my stake leadership will choose.

Any chance that an audio or video stream could be made available through the "tools" for my calling at new.lds.org? At least that would prevent the recordings from being available to the general public. I was hoping that, as with General Conference, those recordings would appear within a few days of the event.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Or is this event and related policies regarding recording being mixed up with a temple groundbreaking the same day? Gilbert Arizona Temple. Those are not normally recorded or posted, the exception was Draper a few years back and that DVD was sent to leaders.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

GregAnderson wrote:Should I conclude that the "no recording" policy also means there will be no posting of the audio or video on the church web site?

I was hoping that, as with General Conference, those recordings would appear within a few days of the event.

You probably conclude correctly.

You may be able to make arrangements with your stake presidency to view the broadcast at a different time.

And, since leaders are always changing, I expect that stake presidencies will be asked to continue regular training from the Handbook as they were counseled at the broadcast training they received when the last edition of the Handbook was released.

And then, there is always the actual reading of the Handbook (on or after November 13th), of course.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

On to STS_How_to_view.pdf there's a refuse.
UTC Friday 1900 is doubled.
The second mean 2200, I suppose.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini_vi wrote:On to STS_How_to_view.pdf there's a refuse.
UTC Friday 1900 is doubled.
The second mean 2200, I suppose.
You're looking at the old version. On the current version, that error is corrected.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

lajackson wrote:You probably conclude correctly.

You may be able to make arrangements with your stake presidency to view the broadcast at a different time.

And, since leaders are always changing, I expect that stake presidencies will be asked to continue regular training from the Handbook as they were counseled at the broadcast training they received when the last edition of the Handbook was released.

And then, there is always the actual reading of the Handbook (on or after November 13th), of course.
I received an Email from my stake president this morning who quoted a recent message from Office of The Seventy stating that recording of the broadcast was OK. In addition it was mentioned that a copy of the training broadcast would be posted.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “General Discussions”