MLS Backups

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

MLS Backups

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Early this afternoon I was at the stake computer completing some checks that need to go out this week. When finished I did the normal backup procedures and began wondering.....with the new CUBs system will our old backups still work? Or are we starting from scratch with only being able to use backups from the 24th on?

For example, after the 24th, would a backup done on the 17h even work?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Pilotfly wrote:Early this afternoon I was at the stake computer completing some checks that need to go out this week. When finished I did the normal backup procedures and began wondering.....with the new CUBs system will our old backups still work? Or are we starting from scratch with only being able to use backups from the 24th on?

For example, after the 24th, would a backup done on the 17h even work?
My guess is that restoring a backup from prior to the CUBS transition would work, but it would undo the CUBS transition. The big question then would be if whatever file got sent down to make the CUBS transition happen on your first S/R of the 24th would ever get sent down again. It's possible that CHQ would think they already sent it and not send it again, but then again, it's possible that MLS would transmit the information that it was still on CFAR and thus the update script would be sent down once again.

In any case, it's a good question, and I'd be very careful after the CUBS transition about restoring a pre-CUBS backup without some guidance from Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”