Gospel Library 2.0 Broken?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jglanfield

Gospel Library 2.0 Broken?

Post by jglanfield »

I just installed the update for Gospel Library (2.0). Now, there is no text for anything I install: scriptures, General Conference, manuals, etc. They show as having been installed, but when I go to read from them there is absolutely no text!
furrby-p40

Ditto

Post by furrby-p40 »

Yeah, the same exact thing has happened to me. :confused: I decided to try deleting it from my phone and reinstalling the gospel app but it's nowhere to be found in the App Store now. :confused: Strange. It's like the Church has completely taken away the app. Maybe because of this bug. It'll probably show up soon; and be fixed. We hope... ;)
peteweston

Gospel Library version 2.0 broken!!

Post by peteweston »

Same thing happened to me last night. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling (prior to the app being removed from the app store) but that made no difference. I checked the app store again this morning and the app has been completely removed. I've emailed the support team using the email address within the app, no reply yet. I hope they get it sorted soon!
ggllbb

Which phone?

Post by ggllbb »

It might be helpful if you stated which type of phone you are talking about. My guess is iPhone, but it could be Android, Blackberry, Palm, MS, or?? (Gospel Library is available for at least 2 of these).

Is is broken for all of them? I'm not aware of an update for Android.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

GBarton wrote:It might be helpful if you stated which type of phone you are talking about. My guess is iPhone, but it could be Android, Blackberry, Palm, MS, or?? (Gospel Library is available for at least 2 of these).

Is is broken for all of them? I'm not aware of an update for Android.
This thread is in the iPhone Gospel Library forum, so it's safe to assume that the topic is iPhone. There are separate forums for the other mobile platforms.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
brock.butler

Post by brock.butler »

im having the same problem no text for any of the books i tried an upgrade this morining once the new version came back to the app store and a couple of restarts and i got nothing im going home to down grade so i can at least use it lookes good with the new upgrade but if it dosent work that a pitty
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Over in another thread a poster has said that version 2.0.1 should appear at the app store at any moment.

The post warns that version 2.0.1 solves the disappearing data problem, but that you will lose all of your annotations and personalizations.

If you want to save those, you should NOT update with the 2.0.1 version, but should be patient and wait for another quick update that should preserve personalizations.

And the developers are very sorry for the inconvenience, etc.
normanholm

ETA for iPhone Gospel Library App Fix

Post by normanholm »

Does anyone know when the iPhone Gospel Library app will be up again in the app store? Sounds like it may be soon. I didn't get to try out the new version, an have missed it since it was broken. :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

normanholm wrote:Does anyone know when the iPhone Gospel Library app will be up again in the app store?

The impression I got from the other post is that an update has been sent to the app store and will appear as soon as that process happens. I do not know how it works, or if it is anywhere near immediate, or if the app store has checks and balances, or even if the fix has been sent.

What was to be imminent was a fix for the display (or lack of) problem. That immediate update would cause the loss of any personalization.

Another update was to be released "soon" that would take care of all of it. "Soon", in many languages, means whatever you want it to mean, and more often than not, to use a circular definition, it means not soon enough.

I read about the problem before I tried to update from version 1.20 and so I have stayed as far away from the app store as possible, awaiting scouting reports that all is well once again. When I hear that 2.0 is working, I will upgrade. I use Gospel Library a whole lot, and while I could manage without it, I have come to really depend on it.

Last evening I received e-mails with assurances that the developers were working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. I believe that they are trying to solve this as fast as they can. And I certainly wish them well.
jeffersonhunt-p40

Post by jeffersonhunt-p40 »

iTunes has been telling me for several days now that I have an update for Gospel Library on my iPod Touch, but when it tries to download it says it is unavailable. Searching for LDS software finds only the iPad application.

The Gospel Library support - iPhone page has the following FAQ item:
Why does the App Store description list the iPhone version as an iPad application when it's not?
Actually, that requirements listing is completed by Apple, not us. Apparently, because all iPhone apps can run on the iPad, they say it's an iPad app. So if you run the iPhone version on your iPad it will appear on an iPhone-sized screen.
My guess is that the new application is supposed to be "universal" meaning it can work on either iPhone or iPad. However, when I try to install it, it gets grouped as an iPad-only application, not in with my other universal apps.

Are there any moderators/developers here that can confirm this? Any idea when the corrected app will be available for download to the iPhone/iPod Touch?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”