FHC phone bill

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

FHC phone bill

Post by wrigjef »

In our stake all ward phone bills go through granite which then does auto charges to a stake "swept" account and everything works fine (I just get a ton of Internal Records of purchase which are filed but never referred to). I do notice that one of our Family History Centers still gets a granite charge on their CUFS which they turn into the stake for reimbursement. We (the stake) have been isuing expense checks to the FHC out of a budget account. My question is can I use the same "swept" account? and is there something prohibiting us from making the auto charge for the FHC the same way as they do for the wards?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:In our stake all ward phone bills go through granite which then does auto charges to a stake "swept" account and everything works fine (I just get a ton of Internal Records of purchase which are filed but never referred to). I do notice that one of our Family History Centers still gets a granite charge on their CUFS which they turn into the stake for reimbursement. We (the stake) have been isuing expense checks to the FHC out of a budget account. My question is can I use the same "swept" account? and is there something prohibiting us from making the auto charge for the FHC the same way as they do for the wards?
This was discussed at some length in the thread FHC Telephone. The conclusion of that thread seemed to be that the "swept" account was not appropriate for FHCs; in fact, some stakes had been specifically challenged by CHQ when they have charged FHC phone bills to that reimbursable account and asked to charge it to the stake budget.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”