LDS account on LDScatalog

Discussions about other Church websites
crislapi

LDS account on LDScatalog

Post by crislapi »

Those attempting to log in to ldscatalog today may have noticed a redirect to the church's new site: store.lds.org

The benefit of this new site is that it does away with the unit login/password needed for the old system. Instead, members log-in using their LDS account (same account used to access the stake and ward website). Using the calling information recorded in MLS, leaders are given access to administration materials. Items ordered through this section are automatically billed to the unit.

Currently only the bishop, his two counselors and the ward clerk have access (also stake president, his 2 counselors and the stake clerk). An option to enter the Administration Materials site appears on the bottom right of the page footer (it appears to be on every page). See the attached image:
new_units_site_accessing.jpg
new_units_site_accessing.jpg (12.59 KiB) Viewed 4640 times

However, the site currently handles church-supplied materials (for example, the curriculum order). Items such as toner, paper, and other office supplies that were ordered through the eWay (Staples) site will still require the old log-in and password. I do not have access in the new system so cannot describe how to access the eWay store on this new site.

I assume it links to the old Units tab at ldscatalog. It is still possible to navigate directly to this page following this link or by calling in the order to 877-295-0003
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

After you sign in it has the following info about the Staples account.
staples image.jpg
(10.65 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

The help page for the new site states:
To place an annual church materials order for your ward, branch, seminary, or institute, go to the Administrative Materials category. There you will find additional information under "Stake/Ward" or "Seminary and Institute Teacher and Administration", depending on your role. (If you have not yet signed in, you will be asked to do so.)

Has the order form for the annual materials order been placed online? When I have signed in, I don't find it on the site. I also don't see additional information regarding the materials order when I visit the Administrative Materials category. (I am a ward clerk.)
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I suspect there is no online form. Instead, you probably have to navigate individually to each item you want to order and add it to your cart. Check out once you have added each item from your curriculum order.
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

I would have expected to find 2011 resource guides for the Aaronic Priesthood and the Young Women on the site. Are they not being issued?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

crislapi wrote:Those attempting to log in to ldscatalog today may have noticed a redirect to the church's new site: store.lds.org

The benefit of this new site is that it does away with the unit login/password needed for the old system. Instead, members log-in using their LDS account (same account used to access the stake and ward website). Using the calling information recorded in MLS, leaders are given access to administration materials. Items ordered through this section are automatically billed to the unit.
This appears to be a very popular site this afternoon. It took almost 3-4 minutes to just logon followed by another minute before the page displayed.
Hopefully after the "newness" wears off a little it will be more responsive.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
sghall

Post by sghall »

crislapi wrote:Currently only the bishop, his two counselors and the ward clerk have access
It would appear that the ward Executive Secretary can access this as well.:D
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

A page for the annual church materials order has been added to the store site. It includes an order form in PDF.

The page states:
About Ordering Annual Church Materials for 2011

All annual Church materials orders should be placed online. The printable form available on the right shows prices in US dollars for units in the United States but the form can be useful for units anywhere in the world as a worksheet for deciding what to order.

For delivery before the start of the new year, orders should be placed by October 30, 2010. (You can still place orders after that date, but they may not arrive before January 2011.)

You can submit more than one annual order. For example, if you need an item in an additional language, you can submit another order with the additional language selected for the products needed in that language.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

At the stake level, stake clerks do not have access at this point to bill directly to the stake. Any idea on why this is not available to stake clerks?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jshawut wrote:At the stake level, stake clerks do not have access at this point to bill directly to the stake. Any idea on why this is not available to stake clerks?
I don't know. I sent feedback several weeks ago pointing this out, but have heard nothing back, and there has been no change. As an assistant stake clerk, I have done much of the ordering for our stake, and now I have no access to the administrative materials on the new store.lds.org. That's a big step backwards, in my opinion; we certainly don't want the stake presidency to be burdened with placing orders.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Other Websites”