mormon.org advertisement

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jeffboyd

mormon.org advertisement

Post by jeffboyd »

I noticed an advertisement for mormon.org while checking my yahoo mail today. Here's a screen grab:

Awesome! The Church has always used technology to spread the Gospel (printed tracts, radio, TV, etc.), so it's only natural that they use the web. This is the first advertisement I've seen online, but I'm curious to know if there have been other advertisements. Has anyone else seen one around the web? I hope mormon.org is getting a lot of hits from these adverts - it's probably pretty expensive to get such a large and prominent space on yahoo. Then again, yahoo mail has ~250 million global users and ~80 million US users, so these advertisements could reach a lot of people!

-Jeff
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Wow, that's really cool! Thanks for posting!
jeffboyd

Post by jeffboyd »

Just saw another mormon.org advertisement over at www.ghosttowns.com
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

boydjeff, do you have a screenshot of the advertisement since the banner rotates through a bunch each time you load the page.
- David
jeffboyd

Post by jeffboyd »

Attached is a screenshot of the advertisement on ghosttowns.com. It's a different size ad than the one on yahoo mail.

-Jeff
Attachments
ghosttownsadvert.jpg
ghosttownsadvert.jpg (29.6 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Hmm the font color on the white background seems to make it less noticeable to me, so that it blends in with the white behind it.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't seen any ads on the web, but I have seen (and photographed) a couple of billboards for Mormon.org.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Where did you see the billboards?

And does anyone know of any other advertising for the church? I know they've had commercials going but internet ads and billboards are just two new venues they have started and I was wondering what other ones are going to be used.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Where did you see the billboards?
I think I was heading east from the Mormon Trail Center at Winter Quarters. If I look up my GPS tracks I can probably find a more exact location. :D
jeromer7

Church Advertising

Post by jeromer7 »

This reminds me that a few weeks ago in our stake presidency meeting, the stake president said he'd learned from our Area Seventy that the Church was doing some localized advertising. The billboards mentioned may be part of that. The Church was monitoring effectivness by the tracking IPs in mormon.org hits.

Ads on Yahoo and other sites may be related, but would skew the counts as there'd be no way to tell if a hit from a given IP was spawned by a local or Internet ad.
JLR

Return to “Main Church Website”