MLS quarterly report data not received by the local administration office

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
elderbetita

MLS quarterly report data not received by the local administration office

Post by elderbetita »

Our local administration office was not able to received in their system our quarterly report for the previous quarter but we have made good transmissions. The local MLS administrators told us that "This is the only case so far that we have encountered wherein MLS MPR data is completed and was transmitted successfully but was not received in CMIS." What could have caused the problem? Could there be a possibility of this happening again?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

elderbetita wrote:Our local administration office was not able to received in their system our quarterly report for the previous quarter but we have made good transmissions.

Are you certain that the report was actually completed? Did you get the message that it was in the queue for the Send/Receive?
elderbetita

Post by elderbetita »

Yes the report was completed and was saved for transmission. It was only after a month after we have made the sending when we were informed that the local admin have not received the quarterly report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

elderbetita wrote:Yes the report was completed and was saved for transmission. It was only after a month after we have made the sending when we were informed that the local admin have not received the quarterly report.
That's certainly unusual. But you can cause the report to be sent again by changing some value (making note of the previous value), then closing the Quarterly Report screen. Then go back into the Quarterly Report and set the value back to what it should be. Then do a Send/Receive.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
elderbetita

Post by elderbetita »

That could be a solution Alan, however I have already sent our backup to the local admin and they say they will input the report manually on their system. My main problem now is that how can I be certain that it won't happen again. Because if it happens again that would mean: (1)Our card gets deactivated. (2)Then I would have to call the local admin to know what caused the deactivation. (3)Then they would tell us that our quarterly report has not been received in the local admin. (4)Then I would send them our backup or do what you have thought Alan. (5) Then they would ask me to wait for a few days to get our card activated again. That's actually what happened to us.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

elderbetita wrote:My main problem now is that how can I be certain that it won't happen again.

Our stake gets an MLS message if one of our units does not transmit a quarterly report. This message comes with a reminder that we will not receive our quarterly budget allocation if the report is not sent.

Perhaps your area office would be willing to send such a message before your card is deactivated? Or perhaps your stake received a message and it was not relayed to the ward or branch needing to send a report?
elderbetita

Post by elderbetita »

I am not quite sure that there was a message that was not relayed to us since before my call to our local area admin I first called our District President. He also did not know the reason for my card's deactivation. Our area local admin told me that there was no way of telling us our deficiencies, he said we will know our lapses only after they get the deactivation list which would mean our card has already been deactivated.
I do hope the area admin would do something about it. Maybe the next time I send our quarterly report I'll jut have to email them the data also that way I get to be sure my quarterly report will be received by the local admin.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

lajackson wrote:Our stake gets an MLS message if one of our units does not transmit a quarterly report. This message comes with a reminder that we will not receive our quarterly budget allocation if the report is not sent.

Perhaps your area office would be willing to send such a message before your card is deactivated? Or perhaps your stake received a message and it was not relayed to the ward or branch needing to send a report?
Wow, that would be great.... I had a deliquent ward and never received a message, what is the difference?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

elderbetita wrote:I am not quite sure that there was a message that was not relayed to us since before my call to our local area admin I first called our District President. He also did not know the reason for my card's deactivation. Our area local admin told me that there was no way of telling us our deficiencies, he said we will know our lapses only after they get the deactivation list which would mean our card has already been deactivated.
I do hope the area admin would do something about it. Maybe the next time I send our quarterly report I'll jut have to email them the data also that way I get to be sure my quarterly report will be received by the local admin.
I've had clerks tell me over and over that the report was completed and sent. It has always been (in my specific cases) that the form was not really filled out completely. I would do as suggested and change a value to make sure. you'll know because of the transmission reports and the pop-up messages in MLS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”