Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Beta now available

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Beta now available

Post by starkjs »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has released a beta version of the Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 software. This new version incorporates feedback heard from the LDS Tech community. We are excited to have your participation and listen to your feedback on this latest version.

New Features in 3.0
·Updated Technology Platform
Experience improved device support and enhanced webcast functionality.
·Multiple Cameras and Audio Inputs
Switch between devices during a live webcast.
·Rest Videos and Images
Select and display media files as part of your webcast.
·Multilingual Interface
Use the software in English or Spanish, with more languages on the way.

About the Beta
Webcast beta participants should be proficient with computers and able to troubleshoot technical issues. Participants can expect updates to the software and supporting environment during the beta period. Participants are invited to contribute to the webcast documentation found on the LDS Tech wiki. The beta test has now begun and will last until mid-October.

To provide feedback on your experience using the software, please send E-mail to webcastbeta@sites.ldchurch.org.

NOTE: If your Church unit is new to webcasting and looking for an immediate solution for webcasting your local event, we recommend that you NOT use the Meetinghouse Webcast beta software. Instead, consider using the existing Meetinghouse Webcast Software or Meetinghouse Webcast Communicatorto originate and send your webcast.

What is Meetinghouse Webcast?
Meetinghouse Webcastis the official solution for local units of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to broadcast meetings over the Internet. Webcast technology provides an alternative to travel for stake conferences, regional conferences, firesides, and training meetings.

For more information, please visit the Meetinghouse Webcast Software Betapage.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

starkjs wrote:The beta test has now begun and will last until mid-August.
You might want to update that beta time period, as it most surely must be wrong.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Good catch- Thanks!
aclawson

Feeback

Post by aclawson »

It requires Expressions 4 to run - this should be mentioned ahead of time as many (most?) people probably won't have that installed.

Every time I start a webcast it crashes with the following dump:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Business.Webcasting.GetPublishingPoint(WebcastServerInformation serverInfo)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Business.Webcasting.StartWebcast()
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.ViewModels.Shell.WebcastViewModel.StartStopWebcast(Object obj)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost.ActivateWindowListener.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I received a similar dump when starting a webcast, I was able to fix it though.
Have you tried reinstalling the webcast software after installing Expression 4
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Were either of you prompted to install Expression 4 during the installation or when first running the Webcast software?

Also, @kd7mha, thanks for the update to the Wiki
aclawson

Expressions 4

Post by aclawson »

I was prompted to install Expressions 4 (which replaces Windows Media Encoder 9 series).

I will try to reinstall LMW
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

starkjs wrote:Were either of you prompted to install Expression 4 during the installation or when first running the Webcast software?
Yes, IIRC it was after installation when trying to launch for the first time.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
aclawson

Troubleshooting failed

Post by aclawson »

Doing a repair did not solve the problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem.

Interesting note about that - when I first installed it detected both my webcam and my virtual cam. I deleted the virtual cam from the device list and when I reinstalled it the virtual cam didn't show up - apparently the uninstall process is not a clean one and is leaving leaving breadcrumbs somewhere.

Also had another random crash of the software.
aclawson

minor annoyance

Post by aclawson »

It would be much appreciated if a publisher was specified for the software so I don't get the Windows 7 UAC nag every time I start it. I can always use the schedule trick to get around that, but it would be appreciated if I didn't have to resort to that.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”