LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
zaneclark

LDS Tools....New App

Post by zaneclark »

A new app for iPhone and iPad was announced yesterday from the folks in SL and it appears to be from the same group who gave us the LDS Scriptures... It is called LDS Tools and is similar to My LDS Stake and iStake. I have downloaded it for both iPad and iPhone and so far it seems to have a much faster response and of course it is FREE! Does anyone know who to send some feedback to? There are a couple of small problems...
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

I am one of the community developers for this Project. It has been super fun to see it come together. The feedback email address can be found on the about screen, on the setup tab.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

is this an official church app? Wonder when they'll port the functionality onto the /leader section of the website?
tromney12-p40

LDS Tools

Post by tromney12-p40 »

I loaded it on my Ipad and it downloaded my stake information, but when I go to load the app on startup it won't start. Does living in Mexico cause an issue? or is it a software issue?
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

is this an official church app? Wonder when they'll port the functionality onto the /leader section of the website?
It is an official app from the church.

You can get it here.

We are working on all sorts of functionality on the App. We will incorporate quite a bit of the existing Ward Tools functionality over time, which will allow those with specific callings to have access to more data than other members not in those leadership calling. That piece is most likely not going to be available till next spring, but still super exciting. Now comes the big process for our Ward Clerks to get the data up to date, calendar items posted onto the new calendar, and Photos uploaded of members that are fine with them being on the new website!
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

I hope that you expand to other platforms before adding every requested feature so those of us not on Apple can use it. :D
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

and it's only U.S. and Canada?!??!
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I'm wondering if it is using partly a LUWS backend due to the reports of it not working in Mexico and the UK. If so, how soon will it be before some of the functionality can be used outside the US/Canada?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I installed the App last night. Downloaded our Stake data, with no problems and updated again this afternoon. This update included 2 new baptism/confirmations performed last weekend.

I'm looking forward to the enhancements promised :)

As you can see I'm in the UK!
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Love the App! I made some changes to the new calendar and they appeared in the App only a couple of hours later!

Return to “Member Tools”