LUWS Attachments

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Stanfordr-p40

LUWS Attachments

Post by Stanfordr-p40 »

I was recently called to maintain the LUWS. My Bishop was under the impression that I could attach a resource the ward site. He gave me a "New Member Guide" packet, which contains succinct and useful information for new members. I don't believe it is an official church publication but a collection different church resources. It includes information about magazine subscriptions, church attire, general conference, tithing, home teaching, FHE and temples. It is intended to give to new members a brief overview of the resources available to them. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any such resource available online to link to and as far as I can tell attaching such resources to ward site is not possible. Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

Stanford
Stanfordr-p40

News & Information section

Post by Stanfordr-p40 »

I found the right words search for and found my answer. I can attach a file (.doc, .xls, and .pdf) in the News & Information section of the ward web site (limited to 1MB).

cheers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Stanfordr wrote:He gave me a "New Member Guide" packet, which contains succinct and useful information for new members.
I'm not sure what type of "new member" you're referring to (move-in or new convert). Either way, I don't think they can see the attachments to download until their membership record is part of the ward.

So its greatest use may be for other ward members (such as HT/VT) to download it for the new member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Stanfordr-p40

Post by Stanfordr-p40 »

I think the packet would be useful for both groups, but it could be used by the ward missionaries, auxiliary and new members of the ward. Anyway, I am still working on the packet, a lot of the information is specific to the local community, such as Temple and Stake information, local bookstores that carry LDS material and other things like that. It also has more generic information that is obviously intended for converts but may be helpful to other members.
kisaac
Community Moderators

"News and info" tips and tricks

Post by kisaac »

Stanfordr wrote:I found the right words search for and found my answer. I can attach a file (.doc, .xls, and .pdf) in the News & Information section of the ward web site (limited to 1MB).

cheers
Welcome to the forum! We use "news and info" to hold lots of documents such as Leadership meeting schedules, 4th sunday lesson schedules, maps to the stake center, Family History library info, etc.

I convert my docs into PDF's via openoffice so any ward member can download and print them off, rather than keep them in their native file format. Use the priority and the expiration to help you keep it organized and current.

We scan hardcopies or convert files to PDF and put up the information about stake service assignments and refer the appropriate organizations about where to find the info.

I also find it useful at times to send a link to a certain document held in "news and info" to ward members. To do this, it must first already be in your "news and info," then pull up the document you need via your ward website, copy it's url and paste it into your email. When the email recipient gets it, they can click the link. I don't think they are prompted to even sign in to your website, so they shouldn't need a login, and the link opens right up for them. No need to explain in my email all the steps and the filename to find it. (if you do this with the calendar, they must sign-in, then they are taken to the calendar.)

I really hope New.lds.org is working on a similar function for when the LUWS goes away!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”