Developer Preview Release

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
shanewalters

Developer Preview Release

Post by shanewalters »

I am happy to announce the first release of the Windows Mobile Gospel Library. You can access it here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gos ... 7s_Release

If you download and install it and find any issues with the product, or if you would like to request a feature, please go here: https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/MSWM and click "Create New Issue". This will greatly help in making a better product.
RolandC-p40

Post by RolandC-p40 »

From the WIKI

"Primarily tested Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Professional"

Any chance of getting it to work on 6.5Pro? All I get is a blank screen after trying to open any chapter.

Roland
shanewalters

Post by shanewalters »

I've seen the same issue on all versions of Windows Mobile. Try tapping the blank screen. This usually makes the content render-don't know why; however, the page reading/rendering code will probably change to address this and other related bugs.
mdash-p40

No text rendering

Post by mdash-p40 »

Hi, I'm having the same issue testing on WM6.5 Pro

Clicking on the blank screen doesn't render any text.

I like what I see so far! (Just wish I could see some text ;))

I'm happy to help alpha/beta test.
shanewalters

Post by shanewalters »

Thanks for the feedback. The content display issue is the number one priority, and is undergoing lots of R&D. We're looking into a number of possible solutions and hope to apply a fix soon.
phorton

No scrolling

Post by phorton »

I was able to download and run the new developer release. I can go to a specific book/chapter, but cannot scroll once I get there. No scroll bar and no reponse on the touch screen. Running WM6.5Pro on HTC Pure.
Mings-p40

Post by Mings-p40 »

I too am not able to scroll without trouble, it's very cumbersome . I have a HTC HD2 WM 6.5
shanewalters

Slow Going

Post by shanewalters »

Development has been slow, due to a number of reasons, but hopefully the wait will be worth it. We've completely replaced the old browser, and have a gesture enabled UI and browser. This version is being stabilized for another snapshot release and should be completed soon. The bad news is, the current development branch no longer has a functional non-touch interface. After the touch interface is stable, the non-touch interface will be addressed next.
awsmitty007

Post by awsmitty007 »

Has anyone started with a Windows Phone 7 project? I'd be happy to help and lend a device if needed.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Smitty007 wrote:Has anyone started with a Windows Phone 7 project? I'd be happy to help and lend a device if needed.
It appears that the following link is the first WP7 project: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Mor ... ws_Phone_7

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”