New Meeting House, Update Ward Address

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
deanphillips

New Meeting House, Update Ward Address

Post by deanphillips »

We have a new meeting house that we will begin using next Sunday, September 12th. No new wards are being created, just moving 2 wards from an old location to the new building. We need to update the meeting house address on the existing Ward Website but the Stake Website Admin and myself, Ward Website Admin, do not see any place we can do this on our own.

Is this accomplished on MLS in the clerks office similiar to updating the First Meeting Start Time?

Thanks.

Dean Phillips
Willamette Ward
West Linn, Oregon
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

evhfan2000 wrote:We need to update the meeting house address on the existing Ward Website but the Stake Website Admin and myself, Ward Website Admin, do not see any place we can do this on our own.

Is this accomplished on MLS in the clerks office similiar to updating the First Meeting Start Time?
Yes. In MLS, the address can be changed by going to Edit>System Options>Unit. The second section on that tab is the address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think that may come from a FM Group database. I'd call Local Unit Support to find out for sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Yes. In MLS, the address can be changed by going to Edit>System Options>Unit. The second section on that tab is the address.
I'd still check with Local Unit Support unless someone can confirm from experience that LUWS takes that from MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd still check with Local Unit Support unless someone can confirm from experience that LUWS takes that from MLS.
You may be right. The address in MLS may be for internal purposes only and not linked or pushed to the LUWS yet. The last time we had a ward address change the FM Group had to make that change through their system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

FM group makes the change. Sure would be good to have the half dozen places to make updates and people to call when these activities happen....

Maybe a Wiki entry?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

evhfan2000 wrote:We need to update the meeting house address on the existing Ward Website but the Stake Website Admin and myself, Ward Website Admin, do not see any place we can do this on our own.
As others have suggested, the FM Group needs to make the permanent change. However, in the meantime, you can add a note in the meeting times section of the unit home page that indicates that the unit is now meeting at a new meetinghouse, and then give the new address.This is very similar to what we do when meeting times change and the official information does not flow through the system in a timely manner. And as soon as the permanent address is updated, just delete the note.
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

You can contact the CDOL (LU support can redirect you) and have them make the change. You can also have them update phone numbers etc.
deanphillips

Post by deanphillips »

Thanks for all the response. It is appreciated. We will try the FM Group, they should already be on it since we begin meeting in the new build this coming Sunday.

Dean

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”