Unable to manage building resources due to new stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
crees

Unable to manage building resources due to new stake

Post by crees »

Hi

In our new stake (Tremonton Utah West Stake) there are some resources listed only at the ward level but not at the stake level. When I go into the ward administration and manage or Edit/delete the resources they do not show up (appears to be a stake resource). If I go back to the stake level resources they are not there either.

It appears that these resources may still be tied or linked to the Old Stake (Tremonton Utah South Stake) but we have no control or access to maintain these resources. Most important the ward/chapel resources are heavily used but we do not have access to maintain them. Please advise

Brother Chris Rees
(New Stake Administrator)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crees wrote:Hi

In our new stake (Tremonton Utah West Stake) there are some resources listed only at the ward level but not at the stake level. When I go into the ward administration and manage or Edit/delete the resources they do not show up (appears to be a stake resource). If I go back to the stake level resources they are not there either.

It appears that these resources may still be tied or linked to the Old Stake (Tremonton Utah South Stake) but we have no control or access to maintain these resources. Most important the ward/chapel resources are heavily used but we do not have access to maintain them. Please advise

Brother Chris Rees
(New Stake Administrator)
I certainly have empathy for you and the challenges of dealing with the ward and stake websites after a stake reorganization. But please be aware that this forum is just a community support group. We are happy to share our experiences and give whatever advice and suggestions we may come up with, but you need to call Local Unit Support to have someone take actual action in sorting out the problems.

Beyond talking to Support, I don't really have any other suggestion. They are the only ones who can actually get the linkage of the wards and stakes corrected.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crees

Post by crees »

Thank You . . . . . .
ShirtsDre

Orphaned resources

Post by ShirtsDre »

crees wrote: It appears that these resources may still be tied or linked to the Old Stake (Tremonton Utah South Stake) but we have no control or access to maintain these resources. Most important the ward/chapel resources are heavily used but we do not have access to maintain them. Please advise
If the old stake created the resource, the new stake can't have access to it to change any data. Only the old stake can edit it. If the ward created the resource, the new stake should have access to it.

There is a bug where old stake resources get "orphaned" when a ward moves to a new stake. The only solution is to submit this issue to Local Unit Support and request that they remove the orphaned resources.

When these orphaned stake resources are removed, the new stake and ward will no longer see or have any access to that resource.

If these are still needed resources, your only option is to create a new resource in the new stake or ward admin tool and begin data entry from scratch.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
crees

Post by crees »

Update

as the suggested mentioned, we ended up creating the needed resources and started over.

Thanks for the details.

Brother Chris Rees
ShirtsDre

Clear orphaned resources

Post by ShirtsDre »

To clear off orphaned resources on your stake and ward resources pages, submit a request to MSR Support at MSRMail@ldsmail.net.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Calendar”