Remote MLS Access

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkpolansky

Remote MLS Access

Post by mkpolansky »

I was just checking to see if there news on the availability to MLS outside of the church building.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MKPolansky wrote:I was just checking to see if there news on the availability to MLS outside of the church building.
Remote access to a ward/stake administrative computer has been discussed at length in the thread MLS remote access. I know of no update on the policies related to this, and I doubt that anything will change in this area (but that's just my opinion).

However, the new beta.lds.org has a link to "Leaders (Stake President, Bishop, and Clerk) Resources"; as I understand it, some bits and pieces of MLS functionality will be exposed there, and I imagine that over time, many more of the MLS capabilities will appear there.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

I actually saw that, but the link takes you to a "Bad request" screen. It would be REALLY nice if something could be developed! I can't tell you how many times I have had to make special trips to the building, or just don't go (and subsequently forget the next time I'm there).

Thanks for the information! :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MKPolansky wrote:I actually saw that, but the link takes you to a "Bad request" screen. It would be REALLY nice if something could be developed! I can't tell you how many times I have had to make special trips to the building, or just don't go (and subsequently forget the next time I'm there).
The beta.lds.org link for leaders doesn't necessarily take you to a "Bad request" page. It depends on your calling. Since I'm an assistant stake clerk, and that calling does not currently have permissions, I get the same error that you do.

But if you are a bishop or a stake president you definitely will see more when you follow that link (when you are signed in with your LDS Account, of course). I think that stake and ward clerks are supposed to be able to see more as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

Well...I'm a Branch President...what would that get me? ;)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MKPolansky wrote:Well...I'm a Branch President...what would that get me?
I'd say you "should" be able to have access, but clearly you don't. I have only seen Bishop, Ward Clerk, Stake President, and Stake Clerk mentioned specifically as having access in this post and this post, with hints that others would have access in this post. That last post seems to indicate that the set of callings with permission to access the Leader pages on beta.lds.org is still in flux.

My guess is that the Branch President calling was overlooked. I'd recommend that you use the feedback link on beta.lds.org to report this issue.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:My guess is that the Branch President calling was overlooked. I'd recommend that you use the feedback link on beta.lds.org to report this issue.
My understanding is that Branch President support is being worked on, but is not available yet.
lbhales

Remote MLS Login

Post by lbhales »

I don't see a link for "Leaders Resources" on the beta site. I'm the ward clerk and my Bishop needs the instructions for getting logged on the the MLS remotely. Where do I find the instructions? Thanks Lynn Hales
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lhales wrote:I don't see a link for "Leaders Resources" on the beta site. I'm the ward clerk and my Bishop needs the instructions for getting logged on the the MLS remotely. Where do I find the instructions? Thanks Lynn Hales
The link is [url]https:/beta.lds.org/leader[/url].
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:My understanding is that Branch President support is being worked on, but is not available yet.
Ryan,

Can you provide a list of the callings that have access to the Leaders section of http://beta.lds.org/leaders ? I'm curious if an Asst Stake Clerk would have access to this section.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”