Seminary Attendance Reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
klkamper

Seminary Attendance Reports

Post by klkamper »

We received a letter this week from Seminaries and Institutes, instructing our Bishop that records of attendance at Seminary would be available through the MLS for this coming year.

Is this coming in an update, or does someone know where to find these reports so that we can get them to the Bishop?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kekamper wrote:We received a letter this week from Seminaries and Institutes, instructing our Bishop that records of attendance at Seminary would be available through the MLS for this coming year.

Is this coming in an update, or does someone know where to find these reports so that we can get them to the Bishop?
Seminary attendance report is available right now (and has been for quite a while -- well over a year, if I recall correctly). From the MLS Help file:
To reach the screen where you can view and print the Seminary Attendance Report, begin at the main MLS screen. On the Other Resources menu, click Church Educational System. On the Attendance menu, click Seminary Attendance Report.
But on my MLS, the entry on the Other Resources menu is titled Seminaries and Institute (rather than "Church Educational System"). Nonetheless, the report is there, at both the ward and stake level. I'm sure someone in the CES system has to enter the data, so I can't guarantee that you'll see it in your location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

The name 'Seminaries and Institutes' is the new name for most of the things related to them. While they are part of the 'Church Educational System' still, there is a First Presidency letter from about two years ago that made the change.

So if it is a seminary or institute matter, it will fall under 'Seminaries and Institutes'. If it has to do with a Church college or university or other matter outside the seminary or institute program, it will be under the other.

So for whatever reason, the change has not been fully made in MLS yet more than likely, which is why you are seeing Church Educational System for Seminaries and institutes matters.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”