new.lds.org calendar syncing issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jbh001

new.lds.org calendar syncing issues

Post by jbh001 »

I started a separate thread to focus just this topic.
macsense wrote:2-Syncing is not working. Ahead of this new August release, syncing with my Mac iCal worked fine. I suspect there is a problem with new calendar because when I look at the Bishop Overview page under Leader and Clerk Resources section of the beta site, it is no longer bringing in calendar items as it was before.
In trying to update the link in iCal, copying the the new link provided by new.lds.org into the appropriate spot in iCal yields the following error: "The data downloaded from [link redacted] isn’t valid."

My iPhone is also unable to validate the new link provided.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I ran into the same error trying to use the link in Google Calendar.
opee

similar error with Outlook sync

Post by opee »

I have a similar error when trying to sync with Outlook. It says that the Internet calendar is invalid.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I couldn't find a feedback link on the new calendar page, and my search of the tech.lds.org/jira website did not show that this has been reported, so I reported it as a bug.
FullmerCB
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by FullmerCB »

This is a known issue that is being worked on. Should resolve automatically with a refresh to a web service that the calendar relies on. Thanks
opee

Please clarify...

Post by opee »

Chadf wrote:Should resolve automatically with a refresh to a web service that the calendar relies on.

Not sure exactly what this means. Can you elaborate? Is this a work around? Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

opee wrote:Not sure exactly what this means. Can you elaborate? Is this a work around? Thanks.
It sounds to me like he's referring to a server at CHQ that supports the calendar and not something at the user (client) side of things.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
opee

Post by opee »

techgy wrote:It sounds to me like he's referring to a server at CHQ that supports the calendar and not something at the user (client) side of things.

Now it makes sense. Thanks.
opee

error message

Post by opee »

Here is an image of the error message that I get. I did some searching on some forums and it appears that one culprit may be reoccurring appointments. One user had simple appointments and it synched fine, but after adding a reoccurring appointment, it gave these errors...
Attachments
calendarerror.jpg
calendarerror.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
mmacconnell

Calendar syncing but too many emails

Post by mmacconnell »

It appears as if the syncing is working now with my gmail calendar. I have, however noticed a new problem. Every few hours I am getting emails on every event which is amounting to over 180 emails every few hours.

Return to “Calendar”