Leadership tools -Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jbpreston-p40

Leadership tools -Beta

Post by jbpreston-p40 »

I've noticed the leadership tools portion over at the lds beta site is down...anyone know if this is temporary or have a status?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jbpreston wrote:I've noticed the leadership tools portion over at the lds beta site is down...anyone know if this is temporary or have a status?
Try the new.lds.org versions. They are moving over that way.

I don't know if you are referring to the leader experiences or to the online mls tools.

I don't have access to either in non-test areas but I get access denied in new.lds.org as apposed to Invalid Request on beta.lds.org, which seems to be a good sign that new will work for those with rights.
crisa

Post by crisa »

These are links are not working for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They work, but clearly I'm not privileged enough to use them (Access Denied).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dobrichelovek

Tools for Your Callings and Responsibilities

Post by dobrichelovek »

I'm not seeing them either, not how I am used to seeing (and using) them, nor via the links. This may be a temporary outage though since they were reported to be working earlier today.

To be clear, when you have a calling in MLS that allows you to see the new applications (which allow you to see some of the things that you would otherwise need to view in MLS, like the Bishopric Action and Interview List) they show up as tools under the new lds.org beta (which is traditionally accessed via beta.lds.org). They would also show up as separate tools when you choose "See All Tools" under the tools menu under the first of the two sections that are there:

Tools for General Membership

Directory, Calendar and a few other items are under the latter category, but I currently don't see the other items under the Tools for Your Callings and Responsibilities when I am logged in. (They won't show up unless you are logged in with an account that is also marked as one with an authorizing calling in MLS.) Currently I see nothing there, even though I have had them before. Yes, I know it's still beta, but my Bishop called me and asked me why they're not there anymore. :D Hopefully they'll be back soon. They come in very handy.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dobrichelovek wrote:I'm not seeing them either, not how I am used to seeing (and using) them, nor via the links. This may be a temporary outage though since they were reported to be working earlier today.

To be clear, when you have a calling in MLS that allows you to see the new applications (which allow you to see some of the things that you would otherwise need to view in MLS, like the Bishopric Action and Interview List) they show up as tools under the new lds.org beta (which is traditionally accessed via beta.lds.org). They would also show up as separate tools when you choose "See All Tools" under the tools menu under the first of the two sections that are there:

Tools for General Membership

Directory, Calendar and a few other items are under the latter category, but I currently don't see the other items under the Tools for Your Callings and Responsibilities when I am logged in. (They won't show up unless you are logged in with an account that is also marked as one with an authorizing calling in MLS.) Currently I see nothing there, even though I have had them before. Yes, I know it's still beta, but my Bishop called me and asked me why they're not there anymore. :D Hopefully they'll be back soon. They come in very handy.
I know that the tools aren't showing up in the tools menu. That is why I was giving direct links. I can't verify that they are working any further than getting Accessed Denied.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:I don't have access to either in non-test areas but I get access denied in new.lds.org as apposed to Invalid Request on beta.lds.org, which seems to be a good sign that new will work for those with rights.
For a ward clerk in my stake, the direct link to beta works: http://beta.lds.org/leader and once he is in, the tools menu works (it displays the Leader and Clerk Resources and other clerk-related links). For new.lds.org, the direct link http://new.lds.org/leader gives a Page Not Found error. So at least from that report, beta works better than new.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
thedunsons

working link found above

Post by thedunsons »

to echo, the beta.lds.org/leader link works for me
-mike
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

Having the proper access to get to https://new.lds.org/leader, I now get the following error...
SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /leader/ has not been defined.

SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle new.lds.org:80 has not been defined.

IBM WebSphere Application Server
So, they must be getting close in migrating those over to the new webservers...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

NateDavis wrote:Having the proper access to get to https://new.lds.org/leader, I now get the following error...
So, they must be getting close in migrating those over to the new webservers...
The leader application hasn't released yet, so I don't know how the release of some parts to new.lds.org on Aug 31 would have affected the leader application. Have you tried the https://beta.lds.org/leader version? I don't have rights to it, but it looks like it might work better for now until the leader release that is coming.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”