Xerox 3250

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
kylejhunt-p40

Xerox 3250

Post by kylejhunt-p40 »

I'm having difficulty locating a replacement toner for our new Xerox 3250 printer, has anyone been able to locate them? Makes me wish that whoever made the decision to use these printers had included the availability of toner in their decision making process.

Is it possible that Sophos is blocking our printer? Just curious because we were not able to print yesterday for what we assumed was a toner issue, but when we walked across the hall to see if the other ward had some toner they were having the same issue. We got the printers on the same date so I guess it's possible that they ran out on the same date, but it kind of strikes me as too coincidental.

OK, my rant is over :)

K
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kylejhunt wrote:I'm having difficulty locating a replacement toner for our new Xerox 3250 printer, has anyone been able to locate them? Makes me wish that whoever made the decision to use these printers had included the availability of toner in their decision making process.
I was easily able to locate toner from Xerox and from Staples. Interestingly, Xerox has the much better price. It seems easy to find it also at any number of other online stores -- just Google 106R01374.
kylejhunt wrote:Is it possible that Sophos is blocking our printer?
That seems highly unlikely. If the printer is reporting that toner is low or out, I'd say you should replace the toner. It's a good practice to always have a replacement cartridge on hand anyway.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kylejhunt wrote:I'm having difficulty locating a replacement toner for our new Xerox 3250 printer, has anyone been able to locate them? Makes me wish that whoever made the decision to use these printers had included the availability of toner in their decision making process.

Is it possible that Sophos is blocking our printer? Just curious because we were not able to print yesterday for what we assumed was a toner issue, but when we walked across the hall to see if the other ward had some toner they were having the same issue. We got the printers on the same date so I guess it's possible that they ran out on the same date, but it kind of strikes me as too coincidental.

OK, my rant is over :)

K
Sometimes you can get a little more out of a printer cartridge by removing it from the printer and shaking is from side to side a little. This tends to help settle and distribute the toner. It won't go far, but you can often get a few extra pages this way.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
kylejhunt-p40

Post by kylejhunt-p40 »

I was able to locate them online as well ($160), but I was hoping to find something local....especially since we can't do tithing w/out being able to print. I completely understand the complexity of my request, especially living in such a remote location like Los Angeles. What happened to a trusty HP printer...

Having a spare is good practice, but easier said than done when no less than 20 people can swap out the toner and not order a replacement.

Thanks for the assistance, I was fearful that your responses would be condescending :|
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

kylejhunt wrote:I was able to locate them online as well ($160), but I was hoping to find something local....especially since we can't do tithing w/out being able to print. I completely understand the complexity of my request, especially living in such a remote location like Los Angeles.
I just checked Office Depot (since I know they do next day delivery on my orders) and they have the cartridge as a delivery item for $142. Staples has it as a next day delivery item for $166 and OfficeMax shows that it ships in 3-5 days for $130. Based on that, I suspect one of the three could deliver a cartridge tomorrow, if you need one.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kylejhunt wrote:Having a spare is good practice, but easier said than done when no less than 20 people can swap out the toner and not order a replacement.
I can certainly empathize with that. One idea might be to give yourself a monthly reminder to just check and see if the spare cartridge has been used. If it has, order a new one.

For my stake, I'm the only one who places orders for new cartridges for the stake office, so even though any number of people might replace a spent cartridge, no one else will replace it. So that periodic check works well for me.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

kylejhunt wrote:I was able to locate them online as well ($160), but I was hoping to find something local....especially since we can't do tithing w/out being able to print.
If you go through www.ldscatalog.com and order it through Staples/Eway (Units tab - have to have a unit login) it currently costs $99 for the one Alan_Brown mentioned. This is the extra capacity cartridge as well. If ordered through here, your unit will be billed automatically for the cartridge, shipping is free, and it should arrive at your bishop's house in 2 days or so. If you order this direct from Staples instead of LDSCatalog, it will currently cost you $165.99 (see here) plus shipping.

When you log in, search for item number XER106R01374. If you don't have a log in, call the distribution center (801-240-3800) and have them mail a reminder card to your bishop.

For log on help, see this post, although the help files appear to be out of date or missing quite a bit of information.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I decided to create you a quick step-by-step guide of how to login, find and order your toner using LDSCatalog. Hope this is helpful.
Attachments
To order toner for the Xerox 3250.pdf
(861.38 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kylejhunt wrote:Is it possible that Sophos is blocking our printer?
I know the old Symantec was blocking communication with our HP printers such that the virtual front panel didn't work. We could still print, but we couldn't tell what the toner status was.

I don't know of any updates that would affect printing. (However, the beta sites are getting MLS 3.2.2)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nicklewis

Post by nicklewis »

Actually, if you search for this toner cartridge on line, there are other vendors who sell this cartridge for about $70 and some offer free shipping.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”