Alma 37 Missing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
dwightbuchanan

Alma 37 Missing

Post by dwightbuchanan »

I got an Ipad last month and downloaded Gospel Library. It is excellent. Using it for my normal scripture reading and found this morning that Alma 37 is missing. I tried to move forward with a gesture and it didn't go....kept coming back. Went to table of contents and it says chapter 36 then 38....37 is missing. Checked to see if there were any updates available...iPad is up to date. Please advise how I let people know.

Also noted that all Conference talks don't have their footnotes....the footnote number is there but in the text font....not showing as a footnote. The actual footnote data isn't there.

This is a great application!
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Try removing the content and re-installing it.

Within the app, go to the main library page/screen, tap on Manage Library > tap on Scriptures > tap on Book of Mormon > at the popup Really remove Book of Mormon? tap OK. After it has been removed, tap on Book of Mormon to re-load the content.

You would follow a similar procedure to remove the General Conference content and then re-load it.
dwightbuchanan

Fixing missing chapter

Post by dwightbuchanan »

That fixed the missing chapter. It didn't fix 2010 conference. How do I save bookmarks? I had some saved but they were gone after loading Book of Mormon. Not only Book of Mormon ones but other books I hadn't reloaded. I use those for my study. Thanks for the fix!
heartgard

Having same problem with missing chapters

Post by heartgard »

Thanks for the info on this however, now that I removed and re-installed the Book of Mormon, I lost all my highlighted scriptures. Do I have to sync my iPad to back it up first before I re-install? Or will this happen with all books in the app?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

The only way I can think of to find this out is to test it. you would probable want to see if re-syncing restores bookmarks, notes, and such before you get too many of them back in place.
lajackson
Community Moderators

More Missing Chapters

Post by lajackson »

Twice Sunday I whipped out my iTouch to read a scripture, and twice Gospel Library failed me. D&C Section 132 was the first one. I grabbed my triple and recovered.

I had no sooner put away my paper scriptures when I needed Section 64. Missing. So I spent the rest of the day in the comfortable pages of my trusty tree killer app.

Before deleting and downloading the D&C later that evening at home (we are a non-WiFi congregation), I did a quick run through the D&C ToC and found that Section 89 was also missing. The rest were there.

The delete and reinstall worked just fine (thank you for fixing that function). But I have not yet gone through all of the other books of scriptures to see what new surprises I will run into the next time I try to run an electronic discussion.

I would sure like to figure out why the database keeps getting corrupted.

I have not even gotten into the bookmarking and other esoteric functions of Gospel Library. I am still in simple "look it up and read it" mode. And the program still fails me at all the wrong times.

I guess I should not allow myself to get spoiled faster than technology can keep up. Or maybe I should have more scriptures memorized.

Sigh.

Note: While preparing an official bug report to submit, I found that, in addition to the three missing sections in the D&C, there are 27 other chapters missing in the other books of scripture.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Less than two hours after I sent in the bug report, I received a response that this issue has actually been fixed already and will be out with the next update. They hope to have it finished and ready very soon.

Good news. Thanks.
reubendunn1

Post by reubendunn1 »

lajackson wrote:Less than two hours after I sent in the bug report, I received a response that this issue has actually been fixed already and will be out with the next update. They hope to have it finished and ready very soon.

Good news. Thanks.

Is this still a problem or has it been fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

reubendunn1 wrote:Is this still a problem or has it been fixed?
Since you are replying to a thread that is over 18 months old, I would certainly hope so! Indeed, I've checked the specific items mentioned (Alma 37, D&C 64, D&C 89) and they are all present in Gospel Library.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

reubendunn1 wrote:Is this still a problem or has it been fixed?

These were fixed in the next release, which has since been updated, as well. Other scripture books disappeared in later releases, but they also have been fixed. True to the Faith was problematic, but they seem to have resolved that one.

I still find missing menu items, indexing problems, and other challenges with Gospel Library. Sunday I went to The Pearl of Great Price and found it was totally missing after my most recent update. But deleting the book and downloading it again the next time I found a WiFi site solved that problem. I chalk it up to a downloading problem in the first place, but it is a bit disconcerting to think (and be told) you have something when you really do not.

I still find blank menu items in several places that actually work and consistently take you to the same place. These appear to be display issues that I have reported through the normal feedback channel. There are also several items in the Magazine section that are out of order, and I have lost the 2012 Ensigns (again).

So yes, there are still some issues. Always check beforehand to make sure you have something if you plan to use it as your primary source, especially in a teaching situation.

The volunteer developers are still very responsive to feedback that is sent to them through the official e-mail address. And Gospel Library is working better than it ever has.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”