Access to Directories by Regional Public Affairs Director

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
sjpynes

Access to Directories by Regional Public Affairs Director

Post by sjpynes »

Many of the Stakes in our area no longer print directories, but instead rely on the directory in LUWS.

The Regional Public Affiairs Director asked if there is any way she could get access to the directory information in stakes, other than the stake in which she resides.

I'm not aware of any option to do such a thing, but I'd thought I'd ask here before responding to her.

Thanks for any help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

She could be added as a "Non-Resident Member" to a stake, but as I understand it, the system won't let her be added to more then one stake.

There's a possibility that if her position has been recorded correctly, that she'll have access to cdol.lds.org. That will give her access to top leadership contact information. That may be what she really needs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote: There's a possibility that if her position has been recorded correctly, that she'll have access to cdol.lds.org. That will give her access to top leadership contact information. That may be what she really needs.
If they are in CDOL as Regional Director of Public Affairs under the Public Affairs Regional Council then they will have access. There are other Public Affairs organizations, but that is the only Regional one.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryan jones wrote:If they are in CDOL as Regional Director of Public Affairs under the Public Affairs Regional Council then they will have access.
How does one get recorded there? I'm assuming it's though CHQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:How does one get recorded there? I'm assuming it's though CHQ.
Yes it's through CHQ.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BTW, where does one find "regional" organizations in the CDOL? They don't seem to be listed under "associated units" for the two stakes I checked. Is "regional" just a slang and there's a different proper title for it?

techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:BTW, where does one find "regional" organizations in the CDOL? They don't seem to be listed under "associated units" for the two stakes I checked. Is "regional" just a slang and there's a different proper title for it?
In reference to our stake, if I click on "Associated Organizations" I see a list of not only the units in the stake, but also a link to "US MSR Region Office". I can click on that link and see other links for "Positions", etc, but my access won't permit me to see the results. I would guess that the regional positions are there.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:BTW, where does one find "regional" organizations in the CDOL? They don't seem to be listed under "associated units" for the two stakes I checked. Is "regional" just a slang and there's a different proper title for it?
Actually as I was looking into this I found that the most common organization for public affairs is the Area Public Affairs Office. And I'm not really seeing associations for these to individual units. There are some associations at the Area level, but even that doesn't look to be an exact match.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

techgy wrote:In reference to our stake, if I click on "Associated Organizations" I see a list of not only the units in the stake, but also a link to "US MSR Region Office". I can click on that link and see other links for "Positions", etc, but my access won't permit me to see the results. I would guess that the regional positions are there.
I don't think that the Public Affairs positions would be under the MSR (Member and Statistical Records) Office organization types, but under some of the Public Affairs organization types.

There aren't any positions under that organization. I would guess that is because the US is serviced by CHQ directly, whereas some other areas of the world are serviced by the MSR offices located there
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:I don't think that the Public Affairs positions would be under the MSR (Member and Statistical Records) Office organization types, but under some of the Public Affairs organization types.

There aren't any positions under that organization. I would guess that is because the US is serviced by CHQ directly, whereas some other areas of the world are serviced by the MSR offices located there
Thanks for the clarification. As I said, I didn't have access to that level so I was unable to verify it.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”