Child of Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Child of Record

Post by kalnius »

I have a situation where a new member has baptized his 8 year-old son. The son shows up on the father's membership record (with his own non-member record number), but not in the household record. He should be on the Primary rolls, but is not found.

He is now baptised. How do I enter his baptismal information when I can't access his record? Do I need to create a new child of record for the 8 year-old son?

Help...
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

To start with, I'd do a unit refresh to make sure it didn't get lost in the system somewhere. Failing that, I'd call local unit support to find out what happened. His record might have ended up in another unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

What is the phone number for local unit support?
BKO
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Nevermind - I found it on the wiki.

Thanks!
BKO
charly3358-p40

Post by charly3358-p40 »

Yeah, happened to us too when the zone leaders get the ward wrong, so they send it to the wrong ward,

I get the feeling though that the problem happened when the father was baptized and this child wasn't correctly listed by the mission, so a record wasn't created a for the under 8 year old and so it never reached your ward. So I'd also check with the mission home or mission people too to try and trace it should unit support not find him. [Normally when a father is baptized you'd received separate records for him, his wife [unless she didn't join] and all the children, all grouped under the fathers record. Then its only a matter of updating the individual child record]
Charlie :confused:

Return to “Membership Help”