Help from web developers

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jaj1

Help from web developers

Post by jaj1 »

Hi All,

I have created a calendar website for maintaining the meal calendars for our full time missionaries. I host this site on my own domain.

I have created appointment request forms as part of the calendars allowing members of our ward to sign up to host the missionaries in their home mid-week or if they missed the binder at church. This also comes in useful on Stake Conference and General Conference weekends when there are no regular meetings to pass the binder around. The form management is provided by a third-party form service that sends email messages to the submitter, to the meal calendar coordinator and to me.

The calendar is entirely HTML based. When I receive an email, I have to manually edit the HTML to add the appointment. This has worked just fine, but as you might imagine time is rather precious when you have a young family.

I would like to enable the calendars to automatically update themselves when someone submits an appointment request. I suspect I will need to migrate to a java/php/asp based system rather than the static html I have been using. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may accomplish this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

James
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ja1johnson wrote:I have created a calendar website for maintaining the meal calendars for our full time missionaries. I host this site on my own domain.
The new Calendar feature on new.lds.org might work for this purpose. It allows you to create any number of calendars. So you could create a "Missionary Meals" calendar on that new system. At this moment, the new system doesn't have any provision for people to submit calendar requests, but hopefully that will get added.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jaj1

Post by jaj1 »

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm not able to access the calendar on new.lds.org. I have submitted feedback through that site for assistance. When I do get access, I will certainly look into it!

James
I'm a husband, a father, an electrical engineer and a Webelos Den Leader. I'm also a Mormon.

Return to “General Discussions”